What is a WEP Passphrase
Secure WLAN through WPA and 802.11i, part 3
WPA with passphrase
The handshake described in the previous section basically runs with WPA. The user will never have to define any TKIP or Michael keys himself. In environments in which there is no RADIUS server to issue the master secret (smaller companies or home users), WPA therefore provides for the PSK method in addition to authentication via a RADIUS server.
The user must enter a passphrase between eight and 32 characters on both the access point and all stations. Together with the SSID used, the master secret is calculated from this using a hash process. The master secret is therefore constant in such a PSK network. However, the nonces ensure that different TKIP keys still result.
In a PSK network, as with WEP, both access protection and confidentiality depend on the passphrase not falling into unauthorized hands. As long as this is guaranteed, WPA-PSK offers significantly higher security against break-ins and eavesdropping than any WEP variant. For larger installations in which such a passphrase would have to be made known to a large number of users, EAP / 802.1x is used in conjunction with the key handshake described here.
LANCOM Systems has closed this potential security gap with the LEPS feature (LANCOM Enhanced Passphrase Security). Without a complicated and expensive server infrastructure, each client is assigned an individual passphrase based on its MAC address via the entry in the ACL (Access Control List). Company-wide passphrases and the associated risks are therefore unnecessary.
- What does VAF mean for a visa
- How do flexible displays work in phones
- If X 15 20 what is x
- Can the white privilege ever be quantified?
- Which company made Teslas charging stations
- How would a perfect language be structured
- How does digital marketing affect human life
- What is quantum computer for laypeople
- How can I get unlimited Instagram followers
- Requires MSC in cybersecurity coding skills
- What is 3 4 1 2
- Who were the 4 Khalifah in Islam
- Is Maru a female or male cat
- What is REAL Christianity
- Why hasn't the advertising industry innovated
- Are computer scientists viewed as engineers?
- Which US president had an unusual talent?
- When should I apply to Justdial
- What screams I'm perverted
- Why is goddess Durga Khadgadhara called
- Are astrological personality traits based on studies
- What are proxy cards at MTG
- Do sociopaths have high self-esteem?
- What should I call my cat