Which is the largest city in Mississippi
The biggest cities of Mississippi
In addition to the capital Jackson, there are several other cities in Mississippi, which are particularly impressive due to their size.
Also in the south is the city of Gulfport with around 68,000 inhabitants. It was founded in 1887 by William H. Hardy and was to act as the end point of a planned railway line. Visitors can enjoy the beautiful sandy beaches here or visit the Marine Life Oceanarium water park. The Mississippi Deep-Sea Fishing Rodeo is the highlight of every year.
The city of Southaven is located in the northeast region of Mississippi and has a population of around 50,000. It is also known as the "Top of Mississippi". In contrast to many other cities in the state, Southaven has a relatively young history, as it has only received city rights since 1980. The city is also an ideal starting point for Arkansas or Tennessee.
The city of Hattiesburg is also located in the southern area of Mississippi and has around 50,000 inhabitants. Due to its numerous companies, the city also offers many attractive opportunities to live and live. It was founded in 1882 and is now an important center for the timber and railway industries. Camp Shelby, the largest training camp for the National Guard, is also very close to town. The University of Southern Mississippi is also located here.
The city of Biloxi is located in the southern area of Mississippi not far from the Gulf of Mexico. It has about 45,000 inhabitants. It owes its name to the Biloxi Indian tribe. The city is also an important center for fishing, tourism and gambling.
Vicksburg is located in the middle of the blues land along the Mississippi and has a population of around 27,000. The famous Highway 61 called the Blues Highway also runs by here. The city is particularly known for the Battle of Vicksburg during the American Civil War, which took place from May 19 to July 4, 1863 as a siege battle. Today visitors can visit a large open-air museum.
The city of Natchez is located in the southwestern area of Mississippi and has a population of around 18,000. It was founded in 1716, earning it the title of oldest city in Mississippi. Before the Civil War, Natchez was the center for business and politics in Mississippi. This can be seen to this day in the numerous antebellum houses, which can also be visited.
- What is Static Waiting in Selenium WebDriver
- What is tapioca good for in babies?
- How did France see India
- How realizable is the SETI program
- Which artist sang the song Cherry Kiss
- Which question and answer side gives money
- Why do political parties no longer own newspapers?
- What is the career like after MHRM from India
- What is the atomicity of carbon
- Are genes on chromosomes
- Why are almost all women crazy
- Road building is a primary process
- How don't you work on any sleep
- How are young wives supposed to file taxes together
- Logic is no longer important in political discourse
- Which bank issued the first credit card?
- Athens has a good airport
- What is Big Data for Mobile Computing
- How do extractions differ from chromatography?
- Are stairs romantic
- What are the best real-time bid strategies
- Is that a good rap punch line
- Why does Arijit sing more songs
- Where does true happiness begin?
- Where should I relieve anxiety
- What is that famous food in Lucknow
- Can a car run on carbon dioxide?
- How do I proceed to get sued?
- Why are you playing quora
- How did the jets beat the patriots
- Who is better Alexandre Lacazette or Aubameyang
- Which startups are hiring in Mumbai?