How do I sell celebrity domain names
Domain Grabbing & Cybersquatting: Differences and Legal Consequences
Since domain grabbing usually does not violate naming rights or trademark regulations, entrepreneurs usually try to oppose the occupation of coveted domain names competition law claims to fight back. However, domain registration is only considered a competition infringement if domain grabbing is used to obtain a Targeted hindering of competitors. However, it is difficult to prove such abusive behavior in practice. Especially since domain names are viewed in German courts as classic economic goods that can be freely traded. Simply registering a domain name with the intention of reselling it lucratively does not constitute unfair competition.
A prominent domain grabbing exampleThat received a lot of media attention is the domain name litigationkettenzüge.de before the Leipzig Regional Court (judgment of November 24, 2005, Az .: 05 O 2142/05. The reason for the legal dispute was the registration of the domain name kettenzüge.de by the defendant. This secured the Internet address in March 2005 and one month later offered it to the plaintiff for purchase - a global company for chain hoists in the trade fair sector that has owned the domain for years kettenzuege.de took advantage of. This turned down the purchase offer and instead sued with the aim of using the domain kettenzüge.de to prohibit in business dealings and to obtain a release of the.
The District Court Leipzig decided, however, that neither a legal name claim according to § 12 BGB nor a trademark protection according to § 5 MarkenG existed, since the plaintiff did not use the domain kettenzuege.de as a business name, but only as an address. In addition, the court dismissed claims from the law against unfair competition due to targeted hindrance, as only the occupation of the domain kettenzüge.de by the defendant does not prevent the plaintiff from flourishing in the market.
This ruling was groundbreaking as it was the first to officially confirm that Domain grabbing not punishable is, as long as it only concerns general generic terms and no rights of third parties are violated.
- What is REAL Christianity
- How was Greece in 1967
- The contraction does not exist
- When can we join the IIT?
- How do I help a scared cat
- Can a psychopath become a stalker
- What is an artist manager
- Which is considered the best sports sport
- Which drug is worse heroin or crack
- Who Are Some Mesomorphic Bodybuilders
- What evidence supports the Gerson therapy
- What do economists think of Barack Obama?
- How can you register for an employment agency
- What makes a great book cover design
- BSNL 4G is released in Mumbai
- What's new in garbage collection
- How has simplicity increased your productivity
- Do I have to file US taxes?
- Does the industry matter in engineering
- How can I formulate further questions
- How does a church service work?
- Why did Soleio leave Facebook
- How can I be friends with Skrillex
- How much does an Amazon music subscription cost