When is orthognathic surgery required?
Orthodontic surgery or orthognathic treatment
Frequently asked questions about orthodontic surgery or orthognathic treatment
1-What are the complications of jaw surgery?
In general, jaw surgery is a safe procedure. Especially when done by an experienced and up-to-date surgeon. One of the rare complications that can happen to a patient is facial nerve damage. This complication does not occur unless the surgeon is qualified
2-How long is the recovery period for orthodontic surgery or orthognathic treatment?
Relative healing of the jaw takes about 4 weeks. However, it takes about 8 weeks to fully restore the operated area. Tooth alignment is done by an orthodontist. This movement of the teeth is done with a fixed orthodontic device. Depending on the orthodontist's opinion, orthodontic braces will be on your teeth for 1.5 to 2 years and the operation will be performed for a year after treatment begins.
3-does orthognathic surgery hurt?
You will be anesthetized during the operation and will not feel any pain. After surgery and regaining consciousness, patients say they feel a pain that is similar to the pain of a wisdom tooth extraction. In these cases, the therapist will prescribe the correct pain reliever. This pain will also be stronger when chewing food. So in the early days one needs to eat liquid foods like light soup so that the pain and pressure don't affect the jaw.
4-Is orthognathic surgery difficult?
This operation is one of the most serious and complex operations. Since the patient will lose a lot of blood during the surgery, it is recommended to take iron supplements for 3 months to prevent the patient from developing anemia after the surgery.
5-how long does orthognathic surgery take?
Depending on the extent of the abnormality and its location, the duration of the orthognathic surgery will vary. If the operation is performed on one of the jaws, the duration of the operation is between 1 and 2 hours. If both jaws are operated on, the duration of the operation is between 3 and 5 hours or more.
6-Is it possible to speak after orthognathic surgery?
You cannot speak right after the operation. It takes two weeks to speak properly. This time will vary depending on the severity of the abnormality being treated and the physiology of different people's bodies. Two weeks after the operation, you can open your mouth so wide that it is the size of two fingers between the two front teeth.
7- Is the facial orthognathic incision obvious and is there any scars?
Orthognathic surgery is done to correct the position of the jaw in the mouth. So no scars or cuts are visible on the face.
8-What should be considered beforehand for a jaw operation?
1. Prepare a set of comfortable 2. buttoned clothes on the front, and no need to put clothes on from your head so you can easily use them after surgery. Test the taste of liquid foods and protein powders you are after the surgery should eat and choose your favorite taste. 3. Get your prescription from your doctor before the operation. 4. Prepare foods that do not need to be chewed. 5. Prepare a suitable mixer to soften and puree the chopped butter.
9-how long after orthognathic surgery can you return to work?
It takes 7 to 10 days to get back to work. It is also recommended not to do any sports or exercise for 4 to 6 weeks.
10-how to eat after jaw surgery
In the first few weeks after the operation, the jaw is very sensitive and vulnerable. It is therefore important to consume small amounts of nutrients slowly during the day. Avoid moving your jaws as much as possible. Chewing foods should not be eaten for two weeks after orthognathic surgery.
- What's your favorite tweet from Wendy's 1
- How is bipolarism shown in children
- Michael Jackson had a temper
- What is an indie label or indie music
- Who first used the word Punjabi?
- How many revolutions does a cube contain?
- Why are AAA game sales declining
- How can the experimental mass be easily calculated
- What do people think of schizophrenic parents?
- What does mn mean in finance
- What are your 7 favorite films
- Is inflammation medicine harmful
- Why is HTTP an application layer protocol
- What is playing works well for outdoor theater
- How do i ride a penis
- Why does porn show sex so hard
- Which is the cheapest DSLR
- What chemical is used in crackers
- How do I start Xserver on Linux
- Has YouTube blocked the Nicole Arbor channel
- Is your wife a good mother
- Why did Ok Boomer become so popular
- How does the online reservation work?
- How do you spoil someone