Scandinavians usually tan
Pytt i Panna - Swedish home cooking made easy
I brought you a recipe for Pytt i Panna, the Swedish after-work pan! If you're wondering what that is again, I'll tell you at this point that our fried potatoes or the farmer's breakfast are very similar to this Swedish classic. However, this recipe is not about fried potatoes! Pytt i Panna means something like "little things in the pan". Swedish recipes or dishes sometimes have cute names, right?
In Sweden, the hard-working housewife dices the ingredients very small, fries them all individually and only mixes them at the very end. This includes one raw egg yolk per serving! If you serve the dish in the traditional way, you serve the egg in half an eggshell.
Usually the Swedes use whatever was left over from the last few days for this dish. I love the sumptuous luxury version with fresh ingredients and meat! Would you like to cook the recipe with leftovers or modify it? Then I have some tips for you under the recipe!
Pytt i Panna - recipe
You will find even more Swedish recipes at heart. But you should also take a look at home-style cooking recipes such as Köttbullar or the Viking pot!
Ingredients for the Pytt i Panna
- 500 g waxy potatoes
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 500 g beef
- 250 g smoked bacon
- 300 g onions
- 1 pinch of love
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- First wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes 0.5 centimeters. Then heat the clarified butter in the pan and pour the raw potatoes into the pan. Now is the time to be patient! Do not stir too much while the potato cubes are browning well in the pan.
- In the meantime, the other ingredients are being prepared! Also cut the beef and smoked bacon into fine cubes and then set aside separately from each other. Then peel and finely chop the onion.
- When the potatoes are browned, they are removed from the pan. If necessary, add more fat to the pan and fry the other ingredients one after the other until golden brown.
- Only at the very end are all the ingredients put back into the pan again. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Now all you have to do is separate the eggs, distribute the Pytt i Panna on the plates and serve the yolks in half an egg shell. The dish is decorated with chopped parsley.
Tips for the Pytt i Panna
- Leftover potatoes from the previous day can be used wonderfully for this dish.
- It doesn't matter whether you use jacket potatoes, boiled potatoes or raw potatoes for this dish!
- Leftover roasts or meat sausages taste fantastic in Pytt i Panna.
- Instead of the raw egg yolk, you can also add a fried egg.
- Pytt i Panna also tastes very good with smoked meat such as Kassler.
- In many parts of Sweden, diced beetroot is added to the dish.
ADVERTISING - AFFILIATE LINKS
That's what I used in this recipe:Advertising: As an Amazon partner, I earn from qualified purchases. This means that I get a small commission if you buy a product on Amazon that you came across by clicking on this page. But the price does not increase for you!
Enjoy this Pytt i Panna for you. It takes a bit of chopping work, but it tastes twice as good! Raw egg replaces the sauce in this dish. But if you really want to, you can of course also have a little ketchup with it. For me, the dish is the very best as it is.
All the best
I have been writing my food blog herzelieb since February 2013. Hearty dishes and sweet treats can be found here. So it's worth stopping by. Food blogger | Food blog | Beekeeper | Naturopath | Nutritionist
- How many people break an ankle
- Would you marry a clone of yourself
- What makes a person immediately attractive
- Should I found a new LLC?
- Did my email offend my professor
- Which vehicle wins manually or automatically
- Why do many people dislike soy products?
- You can make money growing hops
- Why is a feather boot used
- How professors manage research and teaching
- How do robots reduce production costs 1
- Why did the Russian proletariat revolt?
- How reliable are private business loans
- Fuer och efternamn What does that mean
- What effects does marijuana have on animals?
- What is dynamic initialization
- Where does the name of Cornwall UK come from
- In what environment does quality writing thrive
- What is a teaching assistant
- Are agnosticism and academic skepticism the same
- How do you die of heat exhaustion
- Why did God harden Pharaoh's heart?
- What is a ranch 2
- CLAT is a tough test
- Can hipsters save the world?
- How do robots reduce production costs 1
- What is a windows computer
- What are storage auctions in Wisconsin
- How the viscosity of fuel is improved
- Courseras growth slows down
- How do asexuals see the world differently?
- Can play PS4 DVDs
- Why talk about Chernobyl but not about Fukushima