Should guacamole be smooth or chunky
What's the line between salsa and guacamole?
Part of the problem is that "salsa" isn't just one thing for everyone. If you search for "avocado salsa" on the internet, you will get images ranging from liquid to chunky:
Likewise, there is no "right" way to make guacamole. Some people like it smooth and thick - hummus-esque if you will, others like it partly mashed and partly chunky ... much like the chunky-style salsa.
So how do we set limits when the products are so diverse?
We really can't. I could write long "definitions" that guacamole should be X% avocado and must be mashed in an authentic molcajete, rather than in pieces or mashed ... that salsas should be X% or less avocado and things like tomatoes, onions , must contain. Tomatillo ... but you will always find something called "salsa" that looks more like "guacamole" or vice versa.
The most important thing is, it's all delicious. Enjoy it!
The other Part of your problem is that guacamole is a type of salsa. From Wikipedia:
Salsa is the Spanish, Italian, Greek, and Turkish (salça) term for sauce, and in English-speaking countries it usually refers to the sauces typical of Mexican cuisine known as salsas picantes, especially those used as dips. Contrary to popular belief, salsa is in fact not a spice, although it can be used to flavor various foods.
Salsa is often a tomato-based sauce or dip, a heterogeneous mix that includes additional ingredients such as onions, chilies, beans, corn, and various spices. It's typically savory, ranging from mild to extremely hot.
If you search under the "types" you will find guacamole.
guacamole is thicker than a sauce and is generally used as a dip. It refers to any sauce where the main ingredient is avocado.
You can also find "Creamy Avocado Salsa" there.
Creamy Avocado Salsa is a sauce made from avocado, lime, coriander, jalapeño or serrano peppers, garlic, olive oil, cumin and salt.
Still, they are both "salsas".
So in the end there is no way to separate the two ... but if I was in a restaurant and ordered "guacamole" and they gave me the first picture above ... I would complain. I'll take all other three.
- How did Savitar come so quickly
- How can you easily distinguish between Spanish dialects
- How is dry ice made
- Blue Crush is based on real events
- What should I not miss in Trivandrum
- What is the direction of the gravitational force
- 1 GB of RAM is enough to run Marshmallow
- Papua New Guinea becomes a republic
- What is the market size of Neotame
- Have you ever asked god why me
- What is the coldest month in Florida
- When is the demand curve horizontal
- How are intelligence and madness connected?
- What is long-term disability insurance
- What does practically mean
- Can cats eat hot dogs
- Why is tiramisu called tiramisu
- How is RG Kar Medical College Kolkata
- Which astrological signs are you compatible with
- Why should I choose Symbiosis University?
- Which is the best privacy coin
- The power of voting is an illusion
- Can your competitor hurt your SEO
- How quickly does Freeman Dyson respond to emails
- What is your favorite lipstick
- Where to find AWS dumps
- Is Ranbaxy Revital good for your health
- Is orange theory fitness good
- Dead puffer fish are poisonous
- Flexcoin is not a scam
- What are Shame Disorders
- Why did the stack overflow fail
- Is XMR Monero profitable or not