Who is a potential leader
Business and political leaders in Sacramento host San Francisco mayors and investors to keep jobs in California
5th January 2017
Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg, San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee, the Greater Sacramento Economic Council, and the Bay Area Council attend upcoming Kings vs. Warriors game
The Greater Sacramento Economic Council, together with the City of Sacramento in partnership with the City of San Francisco and the Bay Area Council will host over 50 business leaders including: Site Selection Consultants, Venture Capitalists, Technology Accelerators and Real Estate Professionals from the Bay Area at the upcoming Sacramento Kings vs. Warriors game on Sunday.
This effort is part of the Greater Sacramento / Bay Area Council #CaliforniaJobsMatter campaign that you launched last October. The campaign promotes the integration of the Bay Area and the Capital Region into a single powerful economy through the development and use of a common civic, business and political platform. In doing so, businesses and political leaders will target businesses looking for out-of-state options to consider the Sacramento region. These efforts will continue to compete for jobs that might otherwise go to other states like Texas.
"We are hosting more than 60 influential business leaders to showcase our region at the new state-of-the-art Golden 1 Center for potential investors," said Greater Sacramento Economic Council CEO Barry Broome. "This is just one example of how we continue to work with the Bay Area Council as part of the Northern California Mega-Region to keep jobs in our state."
States with more affordable business climates are continuing to target key industries in California and, in many cases, have managed to take away jobs from our state.
"A growing rate of job loss in the state is masked by the strong job creation in the Bay Area. If we continue to rely on job growth from a single economic market, it will question the long-term economic sustainability of California," added Broome . "robust, diverse, economies depend on a mix of advanced and legacy industries."
Keeping jobs within the Northern California megaregion will stabilize the regional economy and continue to increase tax dollars in our education and health systems, which will also help reduce high levels of youth unemployment, economic hardship in neighborhoods and help find middle class jobs for California too to construct.
"I look forward to visiting Sacramento and seeing the new Golden 1 Center," said San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee. "We know we need regional collaboration and responses to resolve some of the biggest problems our cities face, and I look forward to working with Mayor Steinberg and Sacramento to see the progress we've made in the region have to continue. "
The Sacramento region has access to high-demand talent with 318,000 actively enrolled college students within a 95-mile radius. In the Sacramento area, 49.4% of residents have at least a 4-year degree in Stem Fields, grade 4 or moreth highest amount at national level. Around 18,000 people from the Bay Area move to Sacramento annually.
"We're excited to host San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee, the Bay Area Council, and other entrepreneurs at the Sacramento State-of-the-Art Golden1 Center to demonstrate we're working together as a mega-region and as a team," Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg said. "We are the most innovative and most profitable state for companies like the 6 worldwideth largest economy and we work together to keep and create jobs here in California.
- Can I mix in milk jaggery?
- Will desktop computers still exist by 2050?
- Is the bleeding normal or abnormal after masturbation?
- Why are you playing quora
- Who finances Tamil short films
- How is bruxism carried out in treating children
- What did the original Austronesians look like physically?
- Can you do something perfectly
- Should apologists use Scripture to defend Christianity
- What is backbone js
- Plants need animals to survive
- Why did the financial crisis occur in Greece
- Why are questions brought together on Quora
- Why are studio apartments so expensive
- Which bank issued the first credit card?
- What causes significant bumps on the hands
- What is cloud marketing
- What if you fail in romantic relationships
- Can the deamination be catalyzed by acids
- Who is a potential leader
- Can Voldemort cast the killing curse wandlessly?
- What does the Irish surname Ramsey mean
- Why was Sholay a blockbuster in India
- Who are the leading writers on strategy