What is focaccia bread used for?
It's all about garden focaccia
How to prepare the bread landscape at home
One trend chases the next: after the hype about sourdough bread, whose approach has to be fed daily, similar to a tamagotchi, or the never-ending hustle and bustle of frothy, creamy Dalgona coffee, the next step is a no less Instagram-friendly food trend : Garden focaccia. You may have already encountered it during the quarantine: a colorfully decorated focaccia bread that resembles a garden landscape. The first edible garden on bread was probably created in early 2019 in the USA by a hobby baker in his own kitchen. In the following spring, the simple idea was already celebrated worldwide and cheerfully baked. We may be one of the late guests at the Brotlandschaft party, but we believe that summer is the best time for colorful, fresh bread. From plump, breathtaking tomatoes to juicy melons, the weekly market has everything you need for a colorful focaccia.
While nobody can resist an airy, crispy piece of focaccia that is lightly coated with a layer of oil, there is something calming, even therapeutic about artistic decorating. And one more reason to fall in love with the trend: a breeze from Italy can't hurt anyone this year.
Just like the artful cutting of bread, creating an edible garden landscape is a pastime that lets you forget the stressful everyday life for a moment. In times of Social distancing Project garden focaccia can also be a welcome change for families with children, packaged directly and taken to a picnic by the lake as easy-to-transport finger food.
To become a kitchen gardener yourself, you first need focaccia batter. For a basic but by no means less brilliant version, try the recipe from our cook Hanna. From step 10 you can then roll up your sleeves and create your own work of art on a canvas made of bread.
Create your own garden focaccia
Our head chef Christian created four different focaccia gardens - and you could clearly see the fun he was having. There aren't any strict rules for using ingredients, so just throw everything you have at home together - a great way to use foods like herbs, seeds, and vegetables. It is always advisable to keep in mind what your end product should look like after baking (in the best case of course, absolutely irresistible), as the vegetables shrink after baking.
Here are some ideas for the elements of your breadscape:
Stems and Leaves: Herbs (spring onions, chives), halved asparagus or thin carrots
Flowers and fruits: Red onions, olives, beetroot, peppers, sliced garlic, baby corn or even edible flowers
Ground: Nuts and seeds
Let your creativity run free and start with simple herbs to vegetables for an elaborate design. If you want to get to the expert level, show ‘what you can by recreating a famous painting like“ Starry Night ”and“ The Scream ”. However, you will often notice that garden focaccia looks nicer, more colorful and fresher before baking than afterwards - so it is best to take photos of it beforehand! Don't forget to drizzle your bread with oil before putting it in the oven to keep the batter moist, and sprinkle with sea salt for a more intense flavor. Send your little garden to the oven for a summer heat wave, where it will be lightly tanned and airy.
Summer vacation, or what it stands for, has been radically changed this year. But at the end of the day what counts is what we have: our own garden made from vegetables, olive oil, flour and a little imagination.
Published on August 10, 2020
- What is the triangle of calot
- Is a cucumber healthier than a cucumber
- Which wrestling movement hurts the most
- How do you maintain network connections
- What are the reasons to become a Christian?
- Can someone be fearless
- What burns more calories is tennis or badminton
- Which crypto currency will increase like Bitcoin today?
- Should the world be like the movie Divergent
- What are some very interesting iPhone features
- Why are cats so moody
- Killed the CIA JFK
- What is the best lens for glasses
- Why set-top box is compulsory in India
- Which engineering is more difficult telecommunications or software
- Why is the Congo a failed state
- How is the OnePlus 3T
- Why can't I learn about the opposite sex?
- What is the pressure gradient for plump cells
- Artificial intelligence will make research mathematicians obsolete
- What outfit are you in
- Like rice and sugar are innumerable nouns
- Who is Wan
- What is a transformation in math
- Sriram Krishnamurthy 4
- What are weather stations used for?
- Why does Tinder have an asexual option
- What is sinus tachycardia
- When is Taylor Swift's birthday
- Are you interested in a dominatrix mother
- Why is the universe so predictable?
- Both DNA strands can be transcribed
- How do Marines see reservists on active duty