What is an industrial control system
ICS (industrial control system)
Industrial Control System (ICS) is the generic term for industrial control systems with an infrastructure made up of hardware, software and networking components. With SCADA, ICS technology includes network control technology with which data is recorded and analyzed in real time. The SCADA technology is used for the monitoring, control and optimization of supply facilities and industrial plants.
Other industrial control systems are distributed or automatic control systems; Distributed Control System (DCS) and Industrial Automation and Control System (IACS). Networking is an important aspect of the control systems. These include Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Programmable Automation Controllers (PAC), which are used as computer units for the automation, monitoring and control of industrial production facilities.
Furthermore, it is about control consoles and remote control terminals, which are used wherever no control terminal can be accommodated for reasons of space or security. In addition to the components mentioned, there are also intelligent components such as Intelligent Electronic Devices (IED) as well as control servers for automation technology and a large number of different sensors.
Security requirements for ICS systems.The earlier machines and technical components that were used in the various production and manufacturing areas, in power plants and in transportation were not computerized and functionally aligned with the company's production infrastructure. The networks in which they were integrated had no connection to other networks and were therefore safe from outside interference. Since these networks and their components are connected to the Internet og Things (IoT) in the modern production world, the security requirements have changed accordingly.
The security requirements are based on multi-factor authentication (MFA) and according to the principle of least privileges (POLP). Protecting the infrastructure from malware. Segmentation of the networks in order to limit the possibilities of attack. Traffic monitoring and threat analysis.
- What is the meaning of an imagination
- How do I start selling electric guitars
- What are the arguments for the monarchy
- What is CA squared
- Marry Mennonites non-Mennonites
- When did you become a BTS fan?
- How does SpaceX work financially
- Does BMW offer a fully electric car
- What does bloatware
- Which website is suitable for downloading songs
- Today's technology can create a super spaceship
- How bad are you
- What types of funds buy into IPOs?
- Who is the most melancholy living person
- What is an essay declaration
- Can be used on Netflix offline
- How is the structure of Klebsiella
- What is the const qualifier in C.
- May incubate mad cow disease in humans
- How are Star Wars fans called
- Can we change our constitution?
- What does UNCONSCIOUS mean spiritually
- What will you remember about a narcissist?
- Have you ever smoked weed
- What does tanakora mean in Persian
- Are there any side effects for iPulse
- Which river flows through Amsterdam
- What mistakes should a property manager avoid?
- What is a Cascadia mega-quake
- How did OpenTable gain traction in the beginning
- What is a POTS line
- What kind of rats are considered ugly
- I have chakra
- How is gold flake vodka made