What's worse is a bagel or a donut
Suddenly a delicate everyday question | What's the little difference
between donut and bagel?
At first glance, it's hard to tell the difference: Both are round, both have a large hole in the middle - and both go perfectly with a delicious breakfast.
What is the difference between a donut and a bagel? A question I burned the fingers of the social media team of the food giant Lidl. More about that below ...
First of all, how similar are bagels and donuts really? BILD asked Bernd Kütscher (50), Director of the Academy of German Bakers' Crafts in Weinheim.
▶︎ The bagel, or Beigel (Yiddish) is a traditional Jewish pastry. “The wheat dough is shaped, bathed in boiling water for a few seconds and then baked in the oven,” explains master baker Kütscher. The bagel is typically used as the basis for a hearty snack.
▶︎ The donut Kütscher calls “the Berliner, Krappel or Krapfen in the USA - because that's where the donut comes from. It is a sweet yeast dough made from flour, fat, sugar and eggs that is baked in hot fat, ”said the baker's head teacher. Usually the deep-fried donuts are refined with sweet glazes and / or fillings.
Actually, there is nothing in common. “Not even the shape is exactly the same,” says Kütscher.
Due to the constant turning in the fat, the donut is the same on both sides. The bagel, on the other hand, flattens the bottom as it bakes on the tray. In addition, the hole in the bagel is usually smaller and more irregular than that of its American relative - the so-called “oven drive” is to blame.
Lidl posting with consequences
Against the background of this seemingly innocuous topic, Lidl has caused a lot of trouble. More precisely with the saying: "Hole is hole."
Under this heading, the discounter giant posted a photo of bagels and donuts on social media on Sunday evening. A flood of comments, abuse, and insults followed. Lidl has now deleted the post.
Many users had criticized the post as misogynistic and sexist. "Lidl is not worth it at all," Radentscheid Bamberg tweeted with the hashtag Sexism.
Lidl has since deleted the post and replaced it with an apology. It says: “However, entertainment stops where people feel hurt and that unfortunately happened. So we would like to apologize to all those who feel hurt by the post. "
In the social media, the apology also received some harsh criticism, e.g. from Ortrud Kunze on Facebook. She thinks Lidl is "lying".
Kunze: "Do you want such applause from your contributions? So much hatred and contempt? So much sexism? You obviously don't have a nice chain. Good for you is obvious what brings you clicks, shared posts, as many comments and other reactions as possible.“
But the apology was followed by a lot of positive support for the humor of the Lidl editorial team. Many women commented under the post, telling the critics not to look at the whole thing that closely.
Mela Kle thought the advertising was "great" and wrote that she had to laugh out loud. Cleo Patra found the post "more than awesome" and urged critics to just laugh at it. Anja Brenner does not feel attacked and even calls on the Lidl editorial team to continue with their "cheerful and fresh way".
Advertising council intervenes
According to a spokeswoman, the German Advertising Council received several complaints. The advertising council has therefore opened a complaint procedure and will ask Lidl to comment, according to a spokeswoman.
The company did not want to comment on the procedure, but announced: "In the future, we will check the content of all posts more closely."
- How did the Portuguese rule Goa
- Are actors concerned about their own performance?
- How do I replace a truck tire
- Sting wasps like
- Bitcoin will be safer than cash
- Have you ever written a rap
- Should I overclock my GeForce GT 710?
- What does the Auburns engineering program look like
- Who is stronger Kisame or Itachi
- How does Dubai deal with crime
- What is sosh
- Is Malad from Dombivli interchangeable
- What books were written by billionaires?
- How are private educational expenditures made
- The Pendle Witches were hanged
- What is the point of humanity
- How do I integrate Dynamodb into EMR
- Dissatisfied people consume more
- What are some uses of processing
- How can I meet Guruji
- Do memory foam neck pillows work
- Why did you propose
- What is it like to go to Fordham University
- How does an automated fuel pump work
- Which macaw was dominated by country music
- What's the easiest question about Quora
- What are services like Chartbeat
- Is Ranbaxy Revital good for your health
- There is clairvoyance and premonition
- Is overtime cheaper than hiring
- Derrida is bullshit
- Which Europeans are historically the most creative?
- What is symphonic metal