Who is Andrew Strauss
|Surname||Andrew John Strauss|
|Born||March 2, 1977 (age 43) |
Johannesburg, South Africa
|Nickname||Lord Brocket, The General, Levi, Mareman, Straussy, Jazzer, Johann, The Strauss Mouse|
|Batting style||left handed|
|Bowling style||Left-handed Medium, Left-arm orthodox spin, Left-arm unorthodox spin|
|Player role||Opening batsman, English captain|
|Test debut (cap 624)||May 20, 2004 v New Zealand|
|Load test||August 16, 2012 v South Africa|
|ODI debut (cap 180)||November 18, 2003 v Sri Lanka|
|Last ODI||March 26, 2011 v Sri Lanka|
|ODI shirt no.||14th|
|T20I debut (cap 9)||June 13, 2005 v Australia|
|Load T20I||March 15, 2009 v West Indies|
|1998 -||Middlesex (squad no.6)|
|2007 - 08||Northern Districts|
|100s / 50s||21/27||6/27||46/74||10/49|
|High score||177||158||241 *||163|
|5 wickets in innings||-||-||-||-|
|10 wickets in play||-||-||-||-|
|Best bowling performance||-||-||1/16||-|
|Catches / stumpings||121 / -||49 / -||228 / -||90 / -|
|Source: Cricinfo, August 29, 2012|
Sir Andrew Strauss , OBE (born March 2, 1977 in Johannesburg) is a former English cricketer. Between summer 2006 and August 2012 he was the captain of the English national team with interruptions. On August 29, 2012, he retired from professional cricket.
Active sports career
Strauss is a left-handed batsman and played one of the opening batsmen for England. He played nationally for the Middlesex County Cricket Club, of which he was also the captain between 2002 and 2004. He made his test match debut in May 2004 on Lord's against New Zealand. In that match, he became only the fourth player to score a Century on his Lord's debut. In 2005 he was part of the English team that won the Ashes for England for the first time in 18 years. As captain of the team, he won the Ashes back with England in 2009. He was also the captain of England's One Day and Twenty20 teams, but has only played test cricket internationally in his final years. By January 2010 he had achieved a total of 5,436 runs and 18 centurys in 71 test matches, with an average of 43.48 runs / wicket. In August he resigned as acting captain of England's national test cricket team and, after taking his 100th test, finally retired from all forms of cricket.
Director of Cricket
On May 9, 2015, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) officially appointed Andrew Strauss as Director of Cricket and made him responsible for the long-term strategy of the English national cricket team and the creation of the necessary management and coaching structure. Since Peter Moore was dismissed as head coach of the national team just an hour after this appointment and he was only filled with a transitional coach, the selection of a new head coach will be one of Strauss' first tasks. On October 3, 2018, he gave his resignation as Director of Cricket known
In 2005 he was one of the five Wisden Cricketers of the Year. As a member of the successful Ashes team from 2005, he was accepted as a member of the Order of the British Empire, and in 2011 he received the next higher level of the order.
- ↑ England / Players / Andrew Strauss (English) Cricinfo. Retrieved August 13, 2016.
- ^ A. b Andrew McGlashan: Strauss retires from all cricket . Cricinfo. August 29, 2012. Retrieved August 29, 2012.
- ↑ Andrew Strauss gets director of England cricket job as Peter Moores is sacked (English) Observer. May 9, 2015. Retrieved August 13, 2016.
- ^ Andrew Strauss steps down as Director of England Cricket (English) ECB. October 3, 2018. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- ↑ Honors for Ashes and 2012 heroes (English) BBC. December 31, 2005. Retrieved August 13, 2016.
- Connecticut is a good place to retire
- What is a holographic equation
- How is bipolarism shown in children
- Why is formal wear always so uncomfortable?
- What does Root Beer do to you
- Who was the Somerton Man
- What is repulsive force
- What should happen to stop global warming
- How do I digest whey protein powder
- What is the most common extracellular cation
- What is the mutated power of the bishops
- Will farm workers be replaced by robots?
- What's wrong with CB Life
- How do I fix extremely dry hands
- What are your negative aspects
- What is the best XXXtentacion album
- Why is Zbrush not available on Linux
- How did you get into photography?
- Is there an operation for asthma?
- How do I solve physics
- Tea tree oil helps my skin
- What is game frame 1
- Why is Netflix charging money
- What is a cosmological constant problem