What is the name of product managers at Apple
Steve Jobs: What makes a product manager
In 1986, together with Bud Tribble, the young Steve Jobs describes what it takes to be a good product manager.
Steve Jobs: That’s what distinguishes a product manager
The reason for the discussion is relatively simple. NeXT had agreed to bring a new product onto the market in 18 months. But three months later, the goal seems further than ever. Tribble and Jobs apparently criticize the presentation of a product manager at NeXT in this very short video. But there is also a lot to be seen from that.
At this point you will find external content from YouTube that supplements the article. You can display it and hide it again with one click.
According to Tribble, the product manager needs to be able to explain exactly what a product is and what it can do.
According to Jobs, a product manager must also stand in front of the assembled team and be able to describe what kind of product can be realized with what details within the set deadline. So it's not about telling fairy tales, but also about omitting features that cannot be implemented in the set timeframe. Jobs does not say this explicitly, but he assumes that the product manager is in constant communication with those involved in order to find out the limits of feasibility.
The product manager apparently looked for a lot of excuses in his presentation and described little more than "moves for a quarterback," as Jobs sums it up. And although he remains calm, he indicates that such (amateurish) behavior makes him angry ("makes me smoke").
A product manager must be able to:
- Communicate a clear idea of the product.
- Actively use time frames, if necessary introduce a product that offers fewer functions.
- Force communication with actors in order to find out details.
- Don't look for excuses, but present the glass yourself half full and not half empty.
- Was Obama for Wall Street
- What are important properties of Bakelite
- What is the limit for computer science
- What is property tax relief
- What is a Chennai Only moment
- Can you breathe oxygen as a liquid?
- How do I get experience as a football coach
- Will GST be profitable in a business?
- May girls male breasts
- Who are the enemies of Xi Jinping
- What is the best paper in polymer
- Was Turkey communist
- Code all computer engineers
- How do I choose a good developer
- What is it like to live in Pattaya
- Eating gajak makes you fat
- Can Freemasonry Make Me Rich?
- Is society ready for driverless cars?
- Who are some unique quorans
- What are Prince 2 and Six Sigma
- Are zoos morally wrong
- How is granite made from basalt
- How to create a mobile app
- How are sunflowers pollinated