What is your strategy for concretely learning
Learning strategies are the behaviors and cognitions actively used by the learner for the purpose of acquiring knowledge. They facilitate the recording, processing, storage, retrieval and use of new information and serve behaviors for coping with learning tasks. As a pattern for problem solving, they are used individually and depending on the situation.
They are partial skills in language learning and a prerequisite for learner autonomy.
Various current studies show an influence of learning strategies on the learning performance in a foreign language. (DESI study, ADEQUA study)
Forms of learning strategies (broad)
- The following classification is based on Wild (2005). 
Cognitive learning strategies (primary strategies)
Also called direct learning strategies, which can be differentiated between "surface-oriented strategies" and "depth-oriented strategies". Specifically, they are mental Processes that take place when processing a task.
These often only generate short-term learning success through fact-based learning (memorization, memorization of facts).
- Examples of such mnemonics
These aim at understanding or critical examination of the subject. One differentiates:
- Organizational strategies: are often referred to as support strategies because they help memorize and elaborate. The learning object is processed in such a way that it can be processed further in a meaningful way.
- Make lists to memorize (vocabulary), develop memory strategies
- Write summaries
- All forms of reorganization of the content: drawing up graphics, tables, for example to understand a text
- Painting of text passages
- Elaboration strategies: Processes in which new information is inserted into the network of already known information.
- Transfer of abstract content into concrete examples
- Contextualization of terms
- Language processing strategies: Use language usage strategies such as prior knowledge, maintain communication by all means.
- Critical review: Here, arguments and models are checked for logical consistency on the background of prior knowledge.
Indirect learning strategies (secondary strategies)
- ... to regulate your own learning
- Plan learning steps
- Monitor learning steps
- Regulate learning steps
- Design of the learning environment and workplace
- Use of information sources
- Learning with classmates
- Time management
A distinction is made specifically in foreign language teaching:
- (Language) learning strategies
- Language use strategies
1. Language) learning strategies:
use learners to learn a foreign language.
2. Language use strategies:
(Ge) need learners for communicative use and understanding of the foreign language.
- It is controversial whether this separation makes sense when taking a holistic view of learning. Alternatively, one also speaks of "learner strategies".
Framework model for conveying learning strategies in foreign language teaching
- Awareness of existing individual learning habits and strategies
- Presentation of alternatives
- Testing through exercises
- Evaluation of the test experiences
Objectives of this approach
- Promoting the Consciousness of the learner ("I'm already using learning strategies!")
- Development of declarative, procedural and conditional strategy knowledge on the part of the learner
- Create opportunities to apply the knowledge acquired so far about learning strategies in practice
- Learners can reflect on the individual use of strategies and gain knowledge for future learning and work processes
Instruments / ways
Awareness of existing individual learning habits and strategies
The promotion of the Consciousness of the learner, for example, after completing a task by:
- specific questions,
- Partner interviews
Presentation of alternatives
Building strategy knowledge through Presentation of different learning strategies:
- in the form of declarations,
- Verbalization of individual planning, implementation and control steps
Testing through exercises
Practical application of strategy knowledge in Exercise phases:
Here it is recommended to work on cognitively demanding tasks so that the learners can apply and try out a variety of learning strategies.
Evaluation of the test experiences
individual reflection through:
- the use of Portfolios,
- Evaluation sheets or regular self-observation with an exchange of experiences
The role of the teacher
- The teacher's teaching strategies have a direct impact on the learners' learning strategies.
- Learning aids instead of pure knowledge mediators.
- (new) requirements for teacher education and training
Learning strategy promotion
Reading strategies in particular are important prerequisites for learning a foreign language.
- Important criteria for successful learning strategy promotion
- Learning culture: (foreign language-specific and general learning experiences) If memorization strategies are preferred early on, this has an unfavorable effect on the development of further strategies.
- Socio-cultural background: Value (appreciation) of education and learning
- Tasks must be perceived as subjectively meaningful by the learners. (Motivation)
- Learning strategies must be demonstrated, practiced and trained in practice.
- Learning strategies must continuously be made the subject of lessons. (Placement in a general course is insufficient.)
- Learning strategies should be differentiated internally and be imparted and practiced according to the type of learner (s).
- Learning strategies should be observed in all subjects, ideally taught across subjects.
- Lisp is the most powerful language
- Which is the best part of Valencia Spain
- Why are 2010s kids unfamiliar with rugrats
- What is the business model of payments
- How do you build a taser
- How does self-inflammation work
- Why is delivery important
- Does the industry matter in engineering
- Where is the AMIE engineering certificate invalid?
- Life is too hard to handle
- How can I earn 250 euros quickly
- What is the use of SR71
- Why should we study Buddhism
- Where is the epidermal tissue located
- Americans eat as a family
- Where is the scariest place in Cornwall
- Should Muslims shave their armpits
- Why does Gordon Ramsay like to swear?
- Quora, what is your biggest regret
- Why should I learn processing language
- Delivers Club Factory items to Dehradun
- How do I survive postgraduate studies
- How stupid is the American mainstream media
- What does Intel Core i5