There is still burlesque theater
Part of speech: noun (Female)Hyphenation:
- Bur | les | ke Plural: Bur | les | ken
- IPA: [ˌBʊrˈlɛskə] Plural: [ˌBʊrˈlɛskən, -lɛskŋ̍]
- 1) Literature, theater: a rough comedy
- 2) Music:cheerful instrumental piece in music
- 1) Italian burla, "Kidding, fun". The term derived from the adjectiveburlesque, was first used by German literary critics in the 18th century, and by authors themselves from the 19th century onwards.
- 2) The term was adopted from literature and theater 1) and has been used as a character designation for such compositions since the 18th century.
- 1) Posse, farce, cabaret
- 2) Humoresque, Scherzo
- 1) Tragedy, tragedy, humoresque
- 2) funeral march
- 1) Comedy, Drama, Genre
- 2) genre of music
- 1) I have the story in one burlesque written down.
- 2) Max Reger composed six with op. 58 Burlesque for piano four hands.
- Nominative: singular the burlesque; Plural the burlesques
- Genitive: singular the burlesque; Plural the burlesque
- Dative: singular the burlesque; Plural the burlesque
- Accusative: singular the burlesque; Plural the burlesques
- Danish: burlesque
- English: burlesque
- French: burlesque
- Italian: burlesque
- Dutch: burlesque
- Norwegian: burlesque
- Polish: burleska
- Swedish: burlesque
- Spanish: sainete
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„At the new 'Tatort' from Vienna, everything slides into place burlesque from. And Bibi Fellner is drinking again.“
NZZ Online, October 14, 2018
„He plays in the burlesque himself the main role.“
Israel Network, April 18, 2019
„Maisel ”(at Prime) shows life and show business in the 50s as comfortable burlesque the bizarre The fabulous thing about Mrs.“
Rolling Stone April 22, 2019
„Eve Champagne (36) has freaked out because of the vaccination chaos. The burlesqueDancer from Hamburg also reports on the hatred that she reaps in the vaccination center.“
Day 24, March 16, 2021
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Posse: A stage play that is supposed to make you laugh through mix-ups, exaggerations and crude comedy
- Sway: mostly funny short story about a rather trivial topic (often about a prank); mostly funny play on a rather trivial topic
Another word (synonym) for burlesque - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "burlesque":
Honest man: ... is reading without teaching `` Biedermann und die Brandstifter '' by Max Frisch. The book is a burlesque, a crude comedy in theater and literature. 1) "The German Revolution ...
Humorous: Schwank, burlesque, satire, grotesque Superordinate terms: 1) genre of literature, humor, narrative, sketch 2) piece of music Subordinate terms: 1) school humor, military humor, travel humor, peasant humor Application examples: 1) "The bewitched goat" is a humorist by Karl May
Tabloid piece: ... the entertainment novel. 1) The term tabloid is now understood as a crude comedy, burlesque or swank. Typical word combinations: 1) a piece of tabloid ...
Clothes: ... junk, odds and ends, junk, junk, junk, trash, Talmi, trinkets, Tinnef, stuff 3a) Theater play: Burlesque, comedy, comedy, farce, antics, smear comedy 3a) Book: Scharteke ...
Burlesque: Part of speech: declined form grammatical features: nominative plural of the noun burleske genitive plural of the noun burleske dative plural of the noun burleske accusative plural of the noun burleske
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Burleske" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Burleske/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "burlesque" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Burlesque (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Bur | les | ken Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˌbʊʁˈlɛskən],…
Burma (German) Part of speech: noun, part of speech: toponym, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular (das) Burma; Plural - ...
Burma (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Bur | mas Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈbʊʁmaːs]…
Burmese (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular 1 (das) Burmese; Singular 2 the Burmese; ...
Burmese (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Bur | me | si | sche Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
Burmese (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Bur | me | si |schen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Burmese (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Bur | me | sischs Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [bʊʁˈmeːzɪʃs]…
Burnout (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular the burn-out; Most burn-outs genitive: ...
Burnouts (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Other spellings: Burnouts Hyphenation: Burn- | outs…
burnout (German) Part of speech: noun, (neuter) cases: nominative: singular das Burnout; Plural burnouts genitive: ...
- How do you crop layers in Photoshop?
- Which is better Mahindra or Tata
- Has DA IICT started its downfall
- Tesla does more than cars
- How do I help a scared cat
- When is it okay to be mediocre?
- What are some good websites in india
- Stress can cause physical pain
- How does doxycycline cause a yeast infection
- Can modern physics explain life?
- What are the symptoms of nail combing
- When can we meet 1
- What is a minor defect
- How does bankruptcy affect our economy?
- What does rms voltage
- Can gay first cousins legally marry
- What is the fastest folding protein
- How to do laminate floor sealing
- Who was Shakespeare and his famous writing
- How has simplicity increased your productivity
- Is forex a scam
- What are the algorithm analysis projects
- How did NASA control the Saturn V.
- How does the food pyramid help us