Are downloads from SourceForge safe
No adware when downloading: SourceForge discontinues DevShare program
After SourceForge, once the most important software project hosting platform, was taken over by the US web media company BizX at the end of January, the first concrete statements about the new owner's plans are now known. For example, the DevShare program is officially being discontinued.
With the procedure introduced in 2013, developers were able to agree to the integration of third-party software in their download offerings. SourceForge shared the advertising revenues it generated with the developers. The project hoster had made many enemies with DevShare, because it offered the opportunity to bundle the software projects maintained on SourceForge with adware for download. The introduction of DevShare meant that large software projects such as the free image processing program Gimp had been abandoned by SourceForge.
The new owner is now separating from DevShare with the intention of restoring the formerly good reputation of SourceForge. It has been said that getting things right is more important than achieving short-term financial success. Another innovation, which will be briefly mentioned in the margin, is HTTPS support for SourceForge and Slashdot, the discussion portal with user-generated messages that has also been taken over. (ane)Read comments (27) Go to homepage
- Which offsite SEO elements still work?
- How do feeding tubes work
- How does GST affect NRIs
- How do I prove a VA claim
- Aristocratic communism is possible
- What is the addition of an empty set
- What does chronically ill mean
- Why did you choose Santa Clara University
- Why do we have communal unrest
- Citronella plants protect mosquitoes effectively
- What is the best Mont Blanc Pen
- Do yoga and pranayama depression
- Kenobi laptop is good
- What is permanent working capital
- Do sociopaths have high self-esteem?
- Oceania is the smallest continent on earth
- What celebrities live in your state
- Is reality really just mathematics
- How many revolutions does a cube contain?
- Is Cuscuta a xerophytic plant
- What are some common examples of eustress
- Could scientists make natural elements?
- What was the best morning you thought of
- They still make plasma televisions