How do standard size Dachshunds behave?
Where do dachshunds originally come from?
One of the famous friends of the breed was, for example, Napoleon Bonaparte, who liked to be portrayed with dachshunds and even gave one of his four-legged friends the name "Napoleon". After their death, his last animal companions found their final resting place next to the sarcophagus of the world-famous ruler. As hunting dogs, dachshunds were a privilege of the nobility for a long time and some powerful people liked to be wrapped around their paws by the little four-legged friends. Kaiser Wilhelm II even had his favorite dachshund Erdmann a memorial with the inscription "In memory of my loyal Dachshund Erdmann (1890-1901) W[ilhelm] II " erect. And the British Queen Elizabeth II, who is known for her great passion for corgis, cannot escape the charm of the dachshund: she even breeds "dorgis", a cross between dachshunds and corgis. Creative people also appreciate the clever little guys and are inspired by the four-legged muses: the painter Pablo Picasso and his dachshund Lump were considered inseparable, which is impressively demonstrated by numerous photos of the harmonious duo. Artist Andy Warhol immortalized his dachshunds Archie and Amos in many of his works.
After the Dachshund was no longer just a privilege of the nobility, it took the hearts of dog lovers all over Europe by storm. Above all, however, in Germany you saw the short-legged dogs strolling through the city and the forest by the side of their two-legged friends - their popularity as family dogs grew rapidly. The 1972 Olympic Games made this clear all over the world: The mascot of the major sporting event was a colorful dachshund named Waldi, who, as “typically German”, was also supposed to represent his host. Today dachshunds are more exotic than fashion dogs and are rarely seen on the streets. In Germany, the stronghold of dachshund friends, the number of registered puppies has been declining for years. This is also due to the increasing number of dog breeds of similar size: From the Jack Russell terrier to the pug - dog lovers today simply have more choice. And despite the occasional mockery of the dog, which is also known as the "Sausage Dog" and its plastic counterpart, the infamous "bobble dog", decorates car racks, the breed continues to have a large core of lovers who like the clever and self-confident companions appreciate.
Use as a versatile hunting dog
Dachshunds originally come from Germany, where they were probably purposefully bred from bracken in the Middle Ages. Official breeds for owners outside the nobility have existed since the end of the 19th century, but a standard for breeding only since 1925. The breed name said it all: "Dachshunds" were reliable companions for hunters and were mainly used for independent badger hunt as well as foxes. The short legs allow badgers and foxes to penetrate their burrows, although the main task of the dachshund is to drive the prey out of the burrow - it should not get involved in a fight with the forest dwellers. But the four-legged hunter also shows his versatile qualities above ground, for example when looking for clues. Nowadays, Dachshunds are popular companion dogs and rarely on duty as pure working dogs.
- What is Sodium Carbonate Anhydrous
- Why do managers have recruitment problems
- Which is the best privacy coin
- What are the most frequently used passwords
- What is Sahyog Kaijin
- What is universal value
- What are coenzymes? What are some examples
- How do density and volume vary?
- What is spatial expansion
- What is a sales and marketing strategy
- Why is the sun so warm
- Expires Reese's Peanut Butter Cup
- Are there really famous religious vegetarians
- Where is Snopes com
- What is new digital marketing in advance
- What do Juventus fans expect from Ronaldo
- What kind of outfit are you
- How to say Avenue in French
- What time is it in Orlando Florida
- Will Merch by Amazon be profitable in 2019
- How good is Marksil Stretch Mark Cream
- Courtney Cox is still hot
- How long do rabbits live in India
- Is it safe to travel in Syria?
- Where is Tulane University located
- What makes you ugly
- What was the worst Olympics ever
- How profitable is coconut cultivation
- Mechanical engineers are scientists
- Where was cotton first used?
- Why can't I learn about the opposite sex?
- Has Jio Sim been extended
- What do you think about machine consciousness
- How similar big data and Hadoop are