What is the best alternative to UNetbootin
UNetbootin (Universal Netboot Installer) 702
An operating system is usually installed using a DVD onto which a previously downloaded ISO may have been burned. There is an alternative for Linux and BSD distributions UNetbootin (Universal Netboot Installer) to use a FAT32 formatted USB stick instead of a DVD.
Create bootable USB sticks for Linux and BSD
UNetbootin supports various Linux distributions and BSD operating systems, which the tool can also download directly from the network. UNetbootin supports Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian, openSUSE, Linux Mint, Zenwalk, CentOS, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Fedora, Gentoo, Puppy Linux and Arch Linux - a complete list can be found on the manufacturer's website. Further distributions can also be added if necessary.
The preferred use of UNetbootin should not be to download a Linux distribution with the freeware. Because UNetbootin only shows outdated distributions when selecting. It is therefore advisable to download the current ISO file of the desired distribution yourself.
In UNetbootin you then select "Image" and via "..." the downloaded ISO file. If the Linux distribution is to be copied as unchangeable live Linux or only for an installation on the USB stick instead of on a DVD, the line "Space to keep files between restarts" can leave 0 MB. However, if you want to copy an Ubuntu distribution to a USB stick in order to use it as a work system on different computers, you should specify the remaining free space on the USB stick so that system changes and new files are not lost after a restart. Then select the drive type "USB drive" as well as the drive letter of the USB stick and click on "OK".
Also installed on the hard drive
Instead of installing the Linux distribution on the USB stick, UNetbootin can set it up directly on the computer's hard drive so that it can be started from the boot menu. The freeware also supports various rescue and administration systems such as Parted Magic, SystemRescueCD, Dr.Web Antivirus, Kaspersky Rescue Disk, Backtrack or Ophcrack.
UNetbootin is portable open source software
UNetbootin is available as open source software for Windows, Linux and macOS. The freeware can be used as portable software for Windows, but it also requires administrator rights to run. In addition to German, there are other languages for UNetbootin that can be downloaded as language packs from the manufacturer's website.
Tips & tricks for UNetbootin:
- Should I invest in the GreenMed crypto
- Was Hitler murdered or committed suicide?
- What are MKV files
- How do I buy the cheapest wood
- What attack helicopters does India have
- Who really owns the Guardian?
- What does Black Panther look like
- Who is Govinda Bollywood
- Can be made cheesecake without gelatine
- Why is Walmart so overcrowded
- Can I open an offline Facebook page?
- Rice coffee increases uric acid
- Bats eat moths
- What needs to be seen in corporate procurement
- Which universities offer ethics as a major?
- How can we change our circumstances?
- What are Asim Qureshis News Sources
- What if Trump loses in 2020
- People who like it are treated so badly. Why
- Tech is cheap in Japan
- Should health insurances cover infertility technologies
- Have technical recruiter quotas
- Why are ring lights good for lighting
- How many colored tattoos do you have