Is the MacBook Pro reliable
Macbook Pro: Test winner at Consumer Reports
Excellent ratings for Apple's notebooks in the current comparison test by Consumer Reports.
The consumer magazine Consumer Reports has a similar status in the USA as the Stiftung Warentest in Germany and continuously publishes tests of services, household appliances, cars and electronics of all kinds.
The products tested in the current December issue included current notebooks including Apple's Macbooks. Surprisingly, Apple achieved a kind of overall victory here: three Macbooks are among the top five devices among the 13-inch notebooks, and four Apple devices are among the top five among the 15-inch laptops. Even the Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 still belongs to the top field.
The two 15-inch Macbook Pros from 2018 and 2017 achieve the highest score of 84 points, where only the versatility is criticized - apparently because of the limited number of interfaces. The MacBook Pro 13-inch from 2018, which achieved 83 points, praised the long battery life in addition to good performance and a first-class display. Among the Windows notebooks, LG Gram (not available in Germany) and Samsung Notebook 9 Pro do particularly well.
A change in the test conditions seems to be primarily responsible for the good performance of the Apple notebooks: For the first time, the categories “Predicted Reliability” and “Consumer Satisfaction”, i.e. expected reliability and customer satisfaction, are included in the test evaluation. Apple's devices do particularly well here, while notebooks from mass manufacturers such as Dell, Acer, and Asus do poorly. Consumerreport wants to convey a more holistic picture of the product and better assess how satisfied a customer will be with the product in the long term.
Macbook Pro 2018: Retested after update
At first glance, the new rating method looks as if Apple is getting an unfair advantage here. On the other hand, for many Apple users, high product quality and reliability are the decisive reasons for buying a Mac, and reliability and customer satisfaction are surveyed among 6 million readers.
- What is the name of this user research method
- How has computer programming changed your life
- How can a person have an eidetic memory
- Is there a free alternative to Comodo
- Can the withheld decision be overturned in Florida?
- What is the main component of aspartame
- Why should I never visit Nevada
- What is meant by a quantum level
- You can use TradingView in South Africa
- What are the reasons girls use tinder
- How do I stop envying new parents
- Where oranges are originally green
- Sriram Krishnamurthy 4
- Have CNG Pumb in Nasik
- Can adultery be a cause of divorce
- What are signs of a convincing argument?
- Read historical books
- What is the Metis Moon made of
- Can Listerine cure bad breath
- What is it like to travel single
- Where can I download the game?
- Should I join Aricent or Temenos?
- South Africa is more developed than Namibia
- How much do IHOP omelets cost