Which is thunder or lightning
How far is the thunderstorm?
Anyone who is afraid of thunderstorms and cannot fall asleep with lightning and thunder should have mastered this simple arithmetic trick with which one can estimate how far the thunderstorm is away and whether it is approaching or moving away.
When there is a thunderstorm, you always see the lightning first - and then the thunder follows at a distance. This is because light travels faster than noise, i.e. as sound. The light has a speed of 299,792,458 meters per second - or just under 300,000 kilometers per second. The sound has a speed of 340 meters per second. When you see lightning, you have to count the seconds until you hear the thunder. You then take 340. That way you can estimate the distance of the thunderstorm pretty precisely.
An example: "Blitz", twenty-one. Twenty-two. Twentythree. Twenty four. Twenty-five. "Thunder". So it took five seconds for the sound to reach us. 340 meters times 5 is 1700 meters. So the thunderstorm is 1.7 kilometers away from you.
The fact that you can say this so precisely is because lightning and thunder, where they arise, always occur at the same time. However, since the sound takes much longer to reach our ears than the lightning to our eyes, we usually see the lightning first and then hear the thunder. And so you can actually estimate the distance well.
If you want to know now whether the thunderstorm is moving away or approaching, you wait for the second lightning and thunder. Then you calculate the distance again using the formula. If the second measurement results in a shorter distance than the first, the thunderstorm is approaching, if the second measurement results in a longer distance, the thunderstorm is moving away. And when you've calculated all of this, the thunderstorm must have moved on by now, and you can fall asleep with peace of mind.
- What banks offer Sukanya Samridhi
- Apache Spark with Python Why use PySpark
- How to say necklace in Spanish
- What is the addition of an empty set
- Who invented the CE amplifier?
- Oil causes hair loss
- Why is Pakistan now indicting Hafiz Saeed?
- What are some BTS opinions
- What happened to Marie Antoinette's children
- Inertia and gravity are the same
- Will BTC and ETH go to zero
- Why should I provide a floating column
- If Jesus weren't a zombie
- Why use herbs for healing
- What is the meaning of make sure
- What causes significant bumps on the hands
- What are the biggest threats to Amazon
- Which leads to people being spoiled
- Do you have an Instagram account 3
- What makes me weak when studying?
- Are whole grains bad for you
- What is the chemical weapons trade
- Have you found success with intermittent fasting
- What is an example of noise interference
- What features should Zengobis Curio add
- Are there real laws in cognitive science
- What happened to Mario Balotelli
- The US presidency is too powerful
- Are there any free products out there
- How does refueling work at airports 1
- Where's Toshiro Mifune
- What is the full form of VKE
- Can the Chinese play Powerball?
- How can I do miracles