What are the qualities of a visionary
Are you a dreamer or a visionary?
Dreamer. Often the term describes people who are just not up to speed. But just suppose no one was dreaming anymore - where would we be then? Dreams are expectations of the future, they open up new horizons, ideas and technologies. Today's entrepreneurs who dream are often referred to as visionaries. Because while the dreamer lives in a fantasy world, the visionary works to realize his idea. A trait shared by John F. Kennedy and Elon Musk.
Kennedy's vision: a moon landing
For example, John F. Kennedy turned his dream into reality by setting a goal in his 1962 speech at Rice University to get a person to the moon and safely back to earth by the end of the decade. The vision worked through the power of his words:
“We decided to go to the moon. We made up our minds to go to the moon this decade and do other things, not because it's easy, but because it's hard; because the goal is to organize and measure the best of our energies and abilities; because this is a challenge that we want to face, that we do not want to postpone and that we intend to win (...). "
We learn from Kennedy that a successful idea begins with a vision that inspires and challenges at the same time.
Elon Musk's vision: a Martian colony
An inhabited colony on Mars sounds like a science fiction film to you? For the top visionary Elon Musk, this is pure seriousness and embodies a lifelong dream. With his company SpaceX, the 44-year-old is taking the aviation industry to new heights. An unmanned capsule is scheduled to land on the red planet as early as 2018. Manned flights are conceivable from 2025, but of course still far from reality.
And yet: Musk believes in making the impossible possible. His ideas see the potential in the lack of resources. With the automobile company Tesla, he is banning gasoline from cars, with SolarCity he is relying on the sun instead of oil or gas. That makes him the most innovative dreamer, visionary and thought leader of our time, true to the motto:
“The first step is to create something that is possible. Then maybe it will come true. "
Are you a dreamer - or a visionary?
Are you still dreaming? Take the time to answer this question. Because: dreams are important. However, it is also important that you also think about how you could achieve these goals.
By the way: did you know that with your dream you can make your dreams come true? Share your childhood dream on social networks. It's very easy: create your dream avatar here or share it our video under the hashtag #childhood-dream on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. In return, we donate In return, we donate to Make-A-Wish® Deutschland e.V, which was awarded the highest rating by the US Institute Charity Navigator for the particularly responsible use of donations.
- What makes a great software product manager
- Where's the Wanamaker organ
- How do you prove Euler's polyhedral formula
- How do I avoid unnecessary scrolling on Facebook
- Why do people join terrorist organizations?
- Americans eat as a family
- How does the sales forecast affect the stakeholders
- Why do I get dizzy while spinning?
- How was Anne Boleyn's executioner chosen
- Is Thera really the story of Atlantis
- What is traceability
- What is a good metaphor for metaphor
- Why are glasses associated with high intellect
- What are some good websites in india
- Have you ever raced a barrel
- Why do colors evoke different feelings?
- How did you treat your migraine headache
- What is a considerable brain
- Why did the Portuguese come to India
- Are books currently banned in Poland?
- What is Forex and Cryptocurrency Trading
- Was Tulsidas a misogynist
- How good are the new C ++ tutorials
- Can Toyota Yaris be used for Uber