What Are Some Good Allergy Remedies
Being able to enjoy nature.
Spray, drops, juice or tablets? Medicines for allergies
The processes that take place in the body during an allergic reaction have now been well researched. Various medications are available for allergic complaints. They intervene in the allergic process and alleviate the symptoms or prevent them entirely.
Depending on whether you want to prevent the symptoms or alleviate them as quickly as possible in a specific situation, you can choose the medication accordingly.
Medicines for topical use
While you can help yourself with milder symptoms of hay fever, asthma or symptoms such as chronic cough or shortness of breath are basically a case for the doctor!
The active ingredient cromoglicic acid and the antihistamines azelastine and levocabastine are available in the form of eye drops and a nasal spray to prevent or treat allergic symptoms in the area of the eyes and nose (hay fever).
Histamine is the messenger substance that is primarily responsible for the allergic symptoms. In order to be able to work, it first has to bind to special receiving points on the cell surface (so-called receptors). Antihistamines, which are histamine counterparts, block these binding sites and thereby prevent histamine from developing its effect. They are suitable for the treatment of acute complaints, so they can be used at the moment when the complaints are present.
Antihistamines are available in different dosage forms:
As tablets, as juice and as drops. The problem with antihistamines used to be that they made you tired. More modern substances such as loratadine or cetirizine do not have this effect or only very weakly. Loratadine (e.g. Lorano® acute) is recommended by transport companies because it usually does not make you tired. This is why it is the first choice for drivers, professionals and students.
New for allergies: Lorano®Pro
The further development of loratadine, the active ingredient desloratadine, has recently become available without a prescription. Desloratadine, the active ingredient in Lorano®Pro, has a faster and stronger effect than Loratadine - with good tolerance. Lorano®Pro does not make you sleepy (frequency of sleepiness at the placebo level. Frequency of fatigue 1.2%).
Oral antihistamines are especially useful for allergic rhinitis and for relieving chronic hives. They can be combined well with topical anti-allergic drugs.
More about Lorano®Pro, Lorano® acute and Cetirizin HEXAL® for allergies.
- What is an off-balance sheet stock
- Why did America hide Franklin Roosevelt's disability
- Road building is a primary process
- Check SOPs
- Is conflict bad on a team
- What hairstyles were popular in the 1950s
- How is an HTTP request created
- Which laptop is good for mining?
- What is a detritus food chain
- Who's in Baroda
- Why is weaving important
- Which is better Lichess or Schach24
- What are some thoughtful English films
- Can the white privilege ever be quantified?
- What is conformational test
- What are some popular foods in Bolivia
- For which high-paying professions no calculation is required
- Is it a bad thing to be simple?
- Why are Japanese cars not popular in Europe?
- What is heat load calculation
- What is the normal range of HbA1c
- What does salt do to you
- How to cut crown shape angles
- What is the Smule app