Laptops are provided by the VIT University
Long night of postponed chores on February 27, 2020 from 6:30 p.m. - Warm invitation to students from all faculties
When the coffee machines in the cafeteria on Reichenhainer Strasse campus of the Chemnitz University of Technology run hot again at the end of the exam period, that can only mean one thing: The TU4U project and the Chemnitz-Zwickau student union invite you to the "Long Night of Postponed Homework" (LNDHA) . It starts on Thursday, February 27, 2020, from 6:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Then the cafeteria is transformed into a large writing room, in which students can tackle their writing projects in a cozy atmosphere. They are supported by writing advisors, there is also an extensive workshop program and free catering. The LNDHA is aimed primarily at students who already have an idea of the content of their homework but do not know how to implement it.
Step by step to the finished housework
For example, a research workshop at the University Library (UB) helps students to find the right literature. The UB consultants provide information on reference management programs, databases and other research options.
When the topic and the literature are ready, it's time to write. In writing workshops, various methods are explained to help you get used to the writing process. The “Pomodoro” writing method, for example, helps to write more concentrated and can be tried out and practiced by the participants in a separate workshop.
Anyone who wants to conduct a survey as part of their scientific work can get impulses in the workshop of the method competence center of the Faculty of Human and Social Sciences. Center advisors are also available for questions and difficulties in dealing with research methods.
Once the content structure of the work has been completed, the subtleties can be dealt with. The formatting of the housework often turns into a puzzle. At the workshop “Stumbling blocks in the LaTeX document”, tips and tricks for fine-tuning are given. In addition, consultants from the university computer center are on site who are familiar with various writing software and offer help with formatting the work.
From relaxation to motivation
But not only help with the individual stages of a scientific work is offered on this evening. Exercise and relaxation workshops as well as massages can be used to maintain motivation and enjoy writing through the night. Prizes for “biting through”, which are raffled off as part of the LNDHA, give an additional motivation boost for perseverance.
At 1 o'clock in the morning it means “good night” for the writers - also for the event, which will take place for the last time when the “TU4U” project ends at the end of this year.
The whole program:www.mytuc.org/wtnj
Contact Person: Dr. Sara Rodefeld, phone: +49 (0) 371 / 531-39187, email: [email protected]
(Author: Lisa Eichhorst, TU4U)
- Natural sciences
- , Mathematics
- , Electrical and Computer Engineering
- , Economics
- , Faculty of Philosophy
- , Human and social sciences
- , University data center
- , University library
- , Center for Teacher Education
- , Students
All "Uni-aktuell" articles
Note: The TU Chemnitz is present in many media. The media review gives an impression of how they report about the university.
- What is the most Kenyan thing at all
- Americans eat as a family
- Dogs know who God is
- Causes child abuse in adulthood
- Are philanthropists a good place to work too
- What are the books that you absolutely have to read
- Are physical bitcoins worth anything?
- What are good names for racing mice
- Who is the governor in Jarkhand
- What is expected of the ideal religion
- Which American states have active gold mines?
- Where do baby crabs come from
- Did you make a gratitude list today
- Why did Gangnam Style stop being popular
- What do you mean by minerals
- How do provisioning apps work
- What makes a name of a stage artist?
- What is the function of PCI slots
- What are the Kappa Kappa Gamma rituals
- What is Tar XZVF
- Is love a crime for Indian families
- How do I start Xserver on Linux
- Should the US host the World Cup?
- Where are fish usually caught?