Is that a good rap punch line
As Punchline In rap, the pointed line of a text is referred to, the content of which attacks another person. Most of the time, such punchlines can be found in battle rap, with attacking and defaming another person as well as the positive portrayal of oneself being the absolute focus. In English, however, the noun punchline generally refers to a punchline, i.e. the surprising, witty or unexpected ending in which, for example, small stories or jokes culminate. The punchline of the joke is thus similar to the punchline in rap.
The term is made up of the English nounspunch for the (Fist) punch and line for the (Text) line together. If you follow this translation, the punchline is literally one Fist headline and in a figurative sense a text that surprises the listener or reader like a blow, while it is in relation to rap a line of text that stretches the opponent to the ground, goes.
In battle rap the rapper tries to find the respective opponent (see opponent) to attack and defame. This works particularly well if he makes use of the most imaginative punchlines possible and performs them flawlessly in the most technically sophisticated spoken chant. An example:
I say: "Yes, of course, there, just press‘ redial. "
The above example comes from Maeckes, a German hip-hop musician who, among other things, is part of the hip-hop collective The Orsons heard, and is the track Swing into the box taken. The punchline has no specific reference to opponents, so it doesn't attack a single person, but it does attack the entire rap scene.
The first line states that various rappers ask for the lyric self's smartphone to be able to call their mother. The ego's answer is to indicate that it last called the number. This statement is intended to indirectly indicate that there is a (sexual) relationship between the self and the mother. Such attacks are common in rap music. Another example:
That he knows the number 1 like supermarket cashiers
These example lines come from the German rapper Kollegah. The lines refer to Kool Savas. A little background knowledge is required to grasp the punchline. So Kool Savas released the single in 2000 King of Rap and thus figuratively sat at the top of the rap scene.
If the example says that Kool Savas is about features - so a collaboration - asks to know the number 1, thus attacks Kollegah and puts himself at the top. Incidentally, the word order offers Number 1 knows a little specialty. If it is spoken, it can be used as Number scanned be understood. This abnormality is called homophone. Another example:
because in your quali there are even more rhymes than drums
This example is taken from a disc track by SpongeBOZZ against Gio. This is SpongeBOZZ ‘contribution to the final of the JBB 2014, in which the two rappers faced each other. These lines refer to a previous article by Gios - namely on his qualification for the competition - whereby its linguistic quality is attacked.
However, SpongeBOZZ ‘contribution consists of an enormous compression of those punchlines that defame the opponent and specifically attack previous work as well as career and personality. This density of punchlines on the one hand and self-praise on the other is characteristic of battle rap. Finally the title as a video - the quoted can be heard from 3:10.
- As Punchline In rap, the pointed line of a text is referred to, the content of which attacks another person. Most of the time, such punchlines can be found in battle rap. In English, however, the term generally describes a punch line, i.e. the surprising, witty or unexpected end of a brief story, anecdote or a joke.
- Such punchlines can have a direct reference to an opponent and thus refer directly to a person - as usual in battle rap - or have no specific reference and are therefore aimed at a group, organization or even fictional character.
- Have steam turbines ever been considered for use in locomotives?
- What is the battery life of Palm Pre
- Can therapy help sociopaths?
- Are you celebrating your birthday
- How is everything going here?
- What makes a great software product manager
- What can Python do that Java can't
- What are some almond butter substitutes
- What did Carthage think of the Phoenicians?
- What is the simplest form of protein
- What is Kaali Kamli Wala in Islam
- Learn Java What To Expect
- Humans own gray wolves as pets
- Can aerospace engineers do Masters in Mechatronics
- How similar is it to being stunned in order to sleep?
- What is the best therapy for paresthesia
- Which is better Heritage or KGEC
- Is a bachelor's degree in renewable energies marketable
- Why is there a distinction between upper and lower case in article titles
- How bad are you
- Why do I have to be self-sufficient
- Is India's space station project economically viable
- Stumbling in boxing is illegal
- How do I stop not liking people