Which companies can I get a scholarship from?
Find your scholarship
The majority of students are concerned about the financing of their studies. And yet the topic of scholarships is often rejected. “It won't work anyway”. In general, many prospective students believe that it is hardly possible even for gifted students in Germany to receive financial aid. Unfortunately. Because there are always scholarships that cannot be awarded due to a lack of applicants.
What exactly is a scholarship?
A scholarship is financial support for students that does not have to be repaid. This makes it the best source of money a student can imagine. In addition, a scholarship is a career component. It looks extremely good on a résumé if you've been promoted. Scholarships are awarded by organizations promoting talented students, foundations, companies, universities and other institutions.
Do I need good grades to get one?
Yes, good grades are very important for many providers. In addition to scholarships that primarily support high-performing students, there are also many, sometimes unknown, programs that currently support committed students. It is entirely possible to get a scholarship even if you are not one of the best in your year. Political, social or other criteria can also play a role in the award.
What types of scholarships are there?
A brief overview:
Schabtenföderungswerke (public funding)
Almost one percent of students in Germany are supported by a talent sponsorship organization. There are a total of twelve state institutions for the promotion of talented students. The foundations are close to a party or church, but there is also the non-denominational and politically independent Study Foundation of the German People.
Germany Scholarship: (public / private funding)
The amount of the Deutschlandstipendium is 3,600 EUR per year, with half of this amount being paid by private sponsors - companies, foundations, associations, alumni, university members or private individuals - and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). The scholarship is paid out in monthly installments of EUR 300. These private sponsors can be commercial enterprises, foundations or alumni. The universities take care of the payment. They also take care of acquiring potential donors.
Foreign scholarship (public funding)
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) promotes international relations in higher education. For this reason, the DAAD also awards grants for study abroad to students, graduates, interns, younger scientists and university lecturers from all disciplines.
Scholarships from a wide variety of providers
There is practically no scholarship that does not exist. Very specialized scholarships are awarded by a wide variety of providers. These include private individuals, foundations, companies, universities and other providers ... There are, for example, travel grants for journalists, grants for German-Japanese cultural exchange, support for students in need and money for work stays, etc.
How do I find my scholarship?
What funding do I get?
The services provided by the scholarship providers vary. The funding amounts can be made up of various items: monthly support, book money, non-material support in the form of seminars as well as exclusive access to internships, good contacts in the economy, financial support for stays abroad, etc.
How do I apply? What is in store for me?
Here, too, it depends on where you apply. Usually a written application is necessary, sometimes you have to be officially proposed as an applicant by a lecturer beforehand. Those who are convincing in their cover letter will first be invited to a selection interview and / or a kind of assessment center. There it is decided whether it works or not.
- Why is in different than in
- What makes a student an entrepreneur
- What ultimatum do you regret
- Answer this question with no
- Firebase still uses MongoDB
- What is the significance of your PFP
- Slow charging is better for the battery
- Does the censorship of music dilute its meaning?
- Both DNA strands can be transcribed
- How is the logic programming done with Clojure
- At which locations does SEBI have offices
- How do farmers adapt to drought?
- Cryptocurrency Mining Overseas
- Offers Scottish Friendly ISA savings accounts
- Who made people
- What is the point of models
- What is the cleanest city in Vietnam
- Dandruff Cavapoos are generally hypoallergenic
- What are the best tricks
- What is the cleanest city in Vietnam
- Are related to South Italians and Tunisians
- What is the importance of PPT
- How does IGNOU's BPP course work
- Can the devil Satan fall in love
- Is farming difficult or boring
- How does falling trees affect global warming?
- Who was Shakespeare and his famous writing
- What does GMO actually mean?
- Papermaking is good
- What is Prier
- Which boat engine has the least maintenance
- Can we call Fernando Torres a legend?
- How do you define a mother figure
- Why does Arijit sing more songs