Where were balloons invented?
The history of the balloons
The balloons as we know them today were invented in the 19th century. Balloons are mostly made of rubber, plastic or natural rubber. They can expand many times over if they are felt with air or gas. An exception are the foil balloons, which cannot stretch. The first Michael Faraday made the balloon
in 1824. He cut two circular surfaces out of a rubber mat and glued them together at the edges. Since he had previously dusted them with flour, it was possible to prevent them from sticking together on the large surfaces. Then he filled it with hydrogen and watched the balloon float towards the ceiling. A year later you could already buy unvulcanized rubber in syringes with which you could then make a balloon yourself. But because the raw rubber is very difficult to process, the balloons quickly ran out of air. The vulcanized balloons, which were produced using the dipping method, have been around since 1847. During vulcanization, sulfur is mixed with sulfur and heated. This makes the rubber more elastic, more resilient and more durable.
Today, other substances are added to the mixture, including stabilizers and pigments, in order to achieve a color. Molds are then dipped into the pre-vulcanized mixture, which are also coated with some chemicals to make the balloon stable. Then the end is rolled up so you can easily inflate it. The balcony is ready when it has been vulcanized one more time.
An average balloon has a volume of around 2.5 liters when it is inflated. It is usually filled with normal air by inflating it with the mouth or a pump. Balloons that are supposed to float are filled with helium. In the past, hydrogen was used, but it was soon discovered that it was flammable in the air mixture.
A special form are the elongated modeling balloons, which clowns use to make funny figures, especially at fairs and in the circus, as well as at children's events. They are usually 150 inches long and have a diameter of 2 inches.
- It's hard to live without friends
- How does SEO offer service in India
- What is the market size of Neotame
- How rich people raise their children
- How can I meet Jim Carey
- How much do major league referees earn
- Was Count Dooku a Sith Lord
- What is 4 8 7
- How can I control my sister's anger
- Will Japan collapse in the near future
- Why can't a computer find a printer
- What is MPL in BIPC
- Who are some unknown game developers
- Is the iPhone SE good for gaming?
- Like girls rim jobs
- Can prevent atherosclerosis from being treated or cured
- Can extract files from Dropbox
- Delta Dental DMO is a good insurance company
- Is it safe to travel in Syria?
- What is the value of 448
- What are the environmental parameters
- Scarlett Johansson has Danish roots
- Are you always on time for work
- How do you communicate with your rabbit