How do I deal with the metabolism
Stimulate your metabolism with these 5 tips!
Table of Contents
- Why should one stimulate the metabolism?
- Expert live talk with Dr. Tobias Weigl
- Drink a lot to activate the metabolism
- Eating spicy and rich in protein stimulates the metabolism
- Stimulate metabolism with coconut oil
- Sport boosts your metabolism
- Sleep is good for your metabolism
- Stimulate the metabolism: the best tips in the video
- Knowledge to take away
Register now: Our weight loss course
Do you already know the EAT SMARTER weight loss course? In just 12 weeks you can manage to lose weight healthily and change your diet over the long term.
Why should one stimulate the metabolism?
Metabolism describes all biochemical processes that take place in our cells, such as breaking down nutrients from food, providing energy when the body needs it, or transporting waste materials out of the organism. To do this, the body uses both nutrients that we supply and reserves that have already been created.
Digestion is often equated with that metabolism, however, it is only a preliminary stage of the metabolic processes. There is also not just a single metabolism, but many different ones: including the sugar metabolism, protein metabolism and fat metabolism, which deals with fat cells.
Hormones and enzymes are important for the metabolic process, as this is controlled by the hormonal and nervous systems. The most important metabolic organ is the liver. However, sometimes the metabolism is too slow and not working properly - an underactive thyroid could be behind it.
In this case, a metabolism cure can be recommended to get it going again and to help you lose weight.
The "better" your metabolism, the more energy you have. People with a "good" metabolism are good feed converters. In addition, with a good metabolism - as the metabolism is scientifically called - you can lose weight more easily and maintain your weight.
EAT SMARTER explains how you can use these five tips to boost your metabolism.
Is your metabolism disturbed? Take the test here!
to the test
Understanding and boosting fat metabolism: Expert live talk with Dr. Tobias Weigl
As part of the Instagram live series "Expert Talk", we spoke to Dr Tobias Weigl about the most common questions from the community on the subject of "Understanding and boosting fat metabolism". When does the body burn fat? How can you boost fat burning? What Exercises Are Good For Burning Fat? The expert answers these and many other questions in this video:
1. Drink a lot to activate the metabolism
With water you support your digestion and increase your basal metabolic rate. The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends consuming around 2.7 liters of water a day, around 1.5 liters of which through drinks. According to a series of research by the Berlin Charité, 500 milliliters of water increase energy consumption by 24 percent for the following 60 minutes (1).
Those who drink water instead of sugary drinks automatically absorb fewer calories and are more likely to maintain or achieve a healthy weight. If you drink water about half an hour before eating, you also eat less because you feel fuller. According to one study, this led to 44 percent more weight loss during a diet (e.g. the metabolic diet) (2).
The Drinking water can therefore stimulate the metabolism. Cold water is even more effective for stimulating the metabolism, as the body has to use more energy to warm it up to body temperature.
Also Green tea and coffee are so-called fat killers and can boost the metabolism. Green tea helps convert the fat in the body into free fatty acids and thus increases fat burning by ten to 17 percent.
This effect is also attributed to coffee, but it is more effective in lean people than in obese people, as a study showed (3).
2. Eating spicy and rich in protein stimulates the metabolism
Eating can boost your metabolism for a few hours. This effect is called TEF, Thermic Effect of Food, and describes the additional energy that the body has to use to digest and process the nutrients in a meal.
For Proteins This is where the body needs the most energy and so you can boost your metabolism by 15 to 30 percent. Carbohydrates have a low nutrient density and only stimulate the metabolism by five to ten percent, fat only by zero to three percent (4).
Editor's tip: Whey protein can be a good source of protein for after training or for the whole day:
for whey protein
Proteins are generally recommended during a weight loss phase, as they satiate, counteract the breakdown of muscle mass and the Jojo effect prevent.
If you add extra spice to your food, it's even better for your metabolism: spicy foods like chili peppers contain capsaicin and are real Fat burner. This alkaloid causes heat or heat in the body and can stimulate the metabolism (5).
In order to achieve this positive effect, however, a dose is necessary that not all people can tolerate. In a study, a tolerable amount of hot pepper was added to each dish, thereby burning ten kilocalories more per meal. Until half a kilo of weight is lost, however, you have to wait about 6.5 years (6).
Are alonehot spices so not particularly effective, in combination with other foods, but they can certainly show their effect and stimulate the metabolism. In addition, the amino acid tyrosine is said to be good for the metabolism as it contributes to performance.
3. Stimulate metabolism with coconut oil
Coconut oil contains more medium-chain fatty acids than most oils. Medium-chain fatty acids can stimulate the metabolism more than long-chain fats (e.g. in butter). According to a study, the basal metabolic rate is even increased by twelve percent, while long-chain fats could only stimulate it by four percent.
So, according to these studies, it can be beneficial to use coconut oil more often (7).
However, coconut oil should only be consumed in moderation, as the ratio of fatty acids in it is unfavorable: the proportion of saturated fatty acids is 90 percent. These can increase the risk of lipid metabolism disorders as well as cardiovascular disease and even breast cancer (8).
4. Exercise boosts your metabolism
Movement can do that Increase basal metabolic rate. With increasing muscles, the basal metabolic rate and energy consumption also increase. Since both fat mass and muscle mass are lost when losing weight, it is all the more important to compensate for this through exercise. The DGE recommends about 30 to 60 minutes of exercise per day.
Do not only do endurance sports, but also strength training, because lean muscle mass is crucial for losing weight.
Some studies have shown that strength training is one of the most effective types of exercise for building muscle and optimizing metabolism. The best results are achieved when endurance and strength training are combined (9).
Studies have now shown that a HIIT workout (High-intensity interval training) is particularly good for the metabolism, as the afterburn effect is strongest here compared to other sports.
This means that even after exercise, the metabolism remains elevated. In addition, the HIIT training, in which you alternate between training at the highest intensity and short, relaxing intervals, promotes fat burning and thus also the tumbling of the kilos (10).
In a twelve-week research series, the male subjects who regularly did HIIT workouts lost two kilograms of body weight and 17 percent belly fat (11).
Even small changes can have an effect. Instead of sitting at work all day, you should always get up in between or work standing up. According to a study, even a "long afternoon" can burn up to 174 kilocalories (kcal) extra (12).
Dr. Tobias Weigl advises:“When in doubt, always complete small training units that are not too strenuous. How do you train that? The goal is to always train in the aerobic area, i.e. to promote basic endurance. That means you should measure your maximum heart rate. This should be determined in advance - training at 70 to 75 percent of this is the aerobic area. But other forms of training are also useful, such as muscle building, because strengthened muscles also help burn fat, as does HIT training. "
This list tells you how many calories you can burn with which sport. Is your favorite sport included?
5. Sleep is good for your metabolism
Sleep has a positive effect on the metabolism. Here is the deep, cohesive onesleep most importantly during the first three hours of sleep. A disturbed or too short sleep can lead to obesity and generally has a negative effect on the metabolism.
Poor sleep behavior has been shown to increase blood sugar levels and insulin resistance. Both can become one Diabetes disease lead (13).
Sufficient sleep is also important for athletes, as the muscles that have been exposed to a training stimulus during exercise are regenerated during sleep.
Bad sleep can also stimulate the hunger hormone ghrelin and at the same time reduce the satiety hormone leptin. This could explain why people who are sleep deprived often feel hungry and have difficulty losing weight (14).
But what can you do if you suffer from insomnia?
"Often, non-drug measures, which are summarized under the term sleep hygiene, help with sleep disorders. Some general rules are: get up early in the morning at regular times; only go to bed in the evening when you are tired; regular exercise, but not shortly before Go to bed; quiet, cool surroundings to sleep; no caffeine, heavy food or alcohol in the evening. Relaxation techniques such as autogenic training or progressive muscle relaxation also often help, "says sleep specialist Dr. Neele Pudelski.
"Only if these methods do not help, therapy with sleeping pills should be considered, but only in consultation with the attending physician. Anyone who suffers from long-term sleep problems should clarify whether a disease such as restless legs syndrome or sleep apnea syndrome is possible The cause of the problem is that many internal and psychiatric illnesses can also lead to sleep disorders, "says Dr. Pudelski continues.
Failure to watch your sleep is just one of many weight loss mistakes.Do you already know these typical twelve mistakes in weight loss?
Stimulate the metabolism: the best tips in the video
Knowledge to take away
Here's a natural way to stimulate your metabolism:
- Drink You lots of water! This can stimulate your metabolism and help you lose weight. Green tea or coffee can also effectively boost the metabolism.
- Also, eat lots Proteins. The body needs more energy to process proteins than they supply themselves - they also keep you full for a long time and prevent too much muscle mass from being broken down. Adding spicy spices to meals can also stimulate the metabolism.
- Coconut oil According to some studies, it can stimulate the metabolism. However, since it is high in saturated fat, it should only be consumed in moderation.
- Move increases the basal metabolic rate. A mix of strength and cardio training is most effective for losing weight - HIIT workouts in particular are great for increasing your metabolism and burning fat
- Sufficient sleep is important for a good metabolism. A lack of sleep, on the other hand, can trigger a greater feeling of hunger, cause weight problems and, in the worst case, even lead to diabetes.
- What is missing from the Jokowis administration
- When was the last nuclear explosion
- Produce anti-particle anti-energy
- What risks are never worth it
- Offers pixabay royalty-free images
- How do you tile a bathroom yourself
- What are your favorite YouTube AMVs
- How do magnets generate sound?
- What is a placement scenario at IIT Patna
- Which Indian celebrities have foreign citizenships
- What are some slogans for packaging companies
- What is similar between you and TChalla
- Is there a way to mute chewing sounds?
- Find Ariana Grande sexy
- Which state gym is there in Rajkot
- How do ATMs and Green Cards differ
- Where can I see the Soul 2020 film
- How do I check DND numbers online
- How are zipper teeth made
- How do books help with character formation
- How do asexuals see the world differently?
- Who made you feel great today
- What should I study for educational law
- How do I find relevant keywords
- Where does a lower disc transfer heat
- Teachers in Texas get a raise
- Is Jayalalithaa's death normal or suspicious, why
- How do wind turbines work
- What is the most Kenyan thing at all
- Scandinavians usually tan
- Why do we use Planck's constant
- What will happen after Facebook
- What can you only buy offline?
- How did Shell Oil get its name