Can you get cancer from screens
For these reasons, shift work with frequent night shifts was made by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) - a WHO facility - classified as possibly carcinogenic.
Manolis Kogevinas, researcher at the above ISGlobal in Barcelona and head of the new study stated:
"There is evidence of a connection between artificial light at night, the disrupted day-night rhythm and the development of breast and prostate cancer."
“The blue light components in particular reduce melatonin production,” adds Martin Aubé, professor of physics at CÉGEP in Sherbrooke, Canada and co-author of the study.
Artificial light increases the risk of breast and prostate cancer
The scientists had evaluated the data from more than 4,000 people between the ages of 20 and 85 years. The extent to which these people were exposed to artificial light was not only found out via questionnaires, but also via night photos of the earth's surface that were taken by astronauts from the International Space Station. After all, the light smog in cities leads to enormous nocturnal light exposure of the respective residents.
The results showed that people who were exposed to particularly high levels of blue light at night had a 1.5 to 2-fold increased risk of developing breast cancer or prostate cancer - compared to residents who were able to sleep in the dark at night.
So take care of an undisturbed night's sleep in the dark, use halogen lamps instead of LED lamps or even candlelight and use screens (laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc.) as rarely as possible in the hours before going to bed. You can find more information and tips on how to raise the melatonin level at night and how to reduce the blue light component of devices, described here: Increase melatonin levels naturally
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, e.g. to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Ariadna Garcia-Saenz, Manolis Kogevinas et al., Evaluating the Association between Artificial Light-at-Night Exposure and Breast and Prostate Cancer Risk in Spain (MCC-Spain Study). Environmental Health Perspectives, 2018
- Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal), Study links night exposure to blue light with breast and prostate cancer: Researchers used images taken by astronauts to evaluate outdoor lighting in Madrid and Barcelona, ScienceDaily, April 25, 2018
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- All Java Swing components are lightweight
- How close is America to legalizing cannabis
- Is Islam just another sect of Christianity
- What are Bernie Sander's ideals
- When did SXSW take place in 2012?
- How do I start learning 8086 programming
- Excessive heat causes large pores
- Have CNG Pumb in Nasik
- What does the symbol lotus mean
- What is missing from Atlanta
- What does the formula cost per click
- What is high LH
- Should be fun writing fiction
- Who is the founder of the iPhone
- What are inner speeds of Big Bang
- Why do we criminalize victimless crimes
- What is a current estimated value
- What do you think about corporate greed
- How big are cricketers
- Is Lalu Prasad Yadav a gold medalist
- How does religion influence politics in Aruba?
- Why should I never visit Nevada
- Who were Shmi Skywalker's parents
- What is the SAP test configuration