What toxins can E Coli produce
Urinary tract infection pathogens produce carcinogenic toxin
"Our results show that patients suffering from urinary tract infections should be systematically examined for evidence of colibactin production," say Jean-Philippe Nougayrède and Eric Oswald from the Université de Toulouse. It is predominantly women who develop urinary tract infections. More than 60 percent are affected at least once in a lifetime. The infection can be symptom-free, confined to the lower urinary tract, or affect the kidneys. If the pathogens even enter the bloodstream, life-threatening urosepsis can develop.
The researchers collected urine samples from 223 patients suffering from E. coli infection of the upper or lower urinary tract. By detecting a by-product that is produced during colibactin production, they identified a release of the toxin by UPEC bacteria in 55 patients. Experiments with mice have shown that urinary tract infections with these pathogens damaged the DNA of cells in the bladder wall to such an extent that mutations could develop that favor cancer growth. The researchers conclude that persistent - even symptom-free - urinary tract infections caused by colibactin-forming UPEC bacteria can damage the cells of the lower urinary tract in humans in the same way and thus increase the likelihood of cancer. It is known from previous studies that the detection of such pathogens in the intestine is associated with an increased risk of colon cancer. Targeted elimination in the intestine would reduce the risk of developing colon and bladder cancer. However, this connection would first have to be confirmed by further studies.
- How did you reverse fatty liver disease?
- What is 8086
- What is Perl strong for?
- Are there still hares in Great Britain?
- How long does the psychoanalytic treatment last
- Learn French more difficultly than Indian
- What social rules do people break often?
- Uses Brian Bi GitHub
- Why are ventilation hoses corrugated?
- What is the name of 3 Trios
- How do I set up my friend
- What is a hypothesis 2
- What does canonical mean in math
- How does a band pass filter work
- What are the best innovations in 2018
- What is binge drinking
- What was your most meaningful travel experience
- What is a delusional paranoid
- How do I start a juice diet
- Why should doctors hire a financial advisor
- What is Kip Moore's most successful song
- What is a dating vibe
- What is google cloud
- I get my money back