Is Hungarian food spicy
Hungarian cuisine - spicy pleasure with paprika
The Hungarian goulash is nice and hot and tastes unmistakably good. (Photo by: © pitrs / fotolia.com)
Hungarian cuisine is famous for its spicy dishes. Paprika is used here often and with pleasure.
When cooking, a distinction is made between:
- Spiced peppers
- Sweet peppers
Sweet peppers: Known to most as the colorful pods that you can buy fresh at the vegetable stand in the supermarket or at the weekly market.
Spiced peppers: includes the ripe fruits when they have been dried and ground. There are different forms that can be bought as yellow-red or dark orange-red powder. Spiced paprika smells slightly aromatic and depending on the variety it has a more or less sharp, burning taste. He owes this to him Capsaicin (Capsaicinoids), which are mainly found in the oily secretion and on the seed carrier.
Info: Spiced paprika is used in Hungary to refine almost all hearty dishes.
In addition to paprika, it also plays above all flesh a important role in Hungarian cuisine. Beef, pork, goose, game or sheep are the basis of many dishes.
Paprika in Hungarian cuisine
In Hungarian cuisine, less sweet or semi-sweet varieties are used, which can also be bought as delicacy peppers or noble sweet peppers. The hot and fiery one Hungarian cuisine rather uses the varieties with one higher hot matter content, which is also known as "hot paprika“Is available in stores.
Hot peppers, chili peppers or chilli are also among the hotter varieties.
Kitchen with a story
Historically, they meet in Hungarian cuisine different culinary influences from France, Turkey and of course from Austria on each other.
Goulash & Co.
A goulash without paprika is not possible. (Photo by: © M. Schuppich / fotolia.com)
Hungary is best known for its different variations Goulash and paprika. The typical Hungarian goulash is called in Hungary itself Pörkölt, Tokany or Paprika designated. Originally, the Hungarian goulash is a spicy, spicy dish made from beef and vegetables cut into cubes, which is more like one Soup resembles.
Info: In Hungary, goulash is a goulash soup, while the classic meat ragout there is called Pörkölt.
This stew, produced in Hungary, was cooked in a bulbous kettle over an open campfire. The boiler is called "Bogracs". The dish is therefore mainly known in this country by the name Kettle goulash.
Those who love hearty food still serve this goulash soup in a kettle today, and preparing it over the campfire is a special ritual.
Info: For an original Hungarian goulash you should use finely chopped leg meat from steppe beef.
Pork lard, onions and peppers
Become inseparable from typical Hungarian cuisine Lard, Onions and of course paprika connected.
Incidentally, the onions are only steamed or roasted in lard. Butter is completely taboo, a little oil is used if necessary. In addition, there are paprika in the most varied of varieties, from which the typical taste of the various Hungarian specialties unfolds.
It was not until the 16th century that the Turks brought peppers into Hungarian cuisine; the spice only began its triumphant advance in the course of the 19th century. In addition to the many hearty meat dishes, Hungarian cuisine has an abundance of varied dishes to offer.
More well-known dishes from Hungary
Fish, meat as well as vegetables and fruit are among the most important elements of the dishes typical of the country.
- Foie gras with seasonal fruits
- Cooked saddle of venison
- Vegetable stew made from spinach
- Fish soup (also one of the national dishes) mostly made from carp
- Catfish bell pepper (or catfish stew)
- Túrós Csusza - pasta with sour cream, bacon and curd cheese
- Schomlauer dumplings
- Spicy Debrecziner sausages. The smoked variant is the crunchy kabernossi.
- Spicy flavored with sour cream Sliced.
- and many more.
Due to the geographical differences in the country, many different regional kitchens have formed, which sometimes differ greatly from one another.
The 3 largest regions are:
- Balaton region: offers a rich selection of freshwater fish such as pikeperch (Fogas), carp (Ponty), catfish (Harcsa), Stoer), and pike (Csuka).
- Szeged region: Hungary's most important center for paprika cultivation (next to Kalocsa). Well-known dishes from this area are a boullabaise-like Szegedin fish soup (Szegedi halászlé), which is seasoned with lots of paprika.
- Eastern Hungarian Plain: produced the Deberciner Würtschen (around the city of Debrecen). In addition, herbs such as dill, marjoram and tarragon are used a lot in this area. Rosemary and thyme flavored.
Food and wine from Hungarian cuisine
Hungarian wines round off every dish perfectly. (Photo by: © sinuswelle / fotolia.com)
The traditional dishes are of course allowed to accompany the delicious, mostly spicy and hearty dishes from Hungary's cuisine Hungarian wines not missing. These round off the dishes perfectly.
A famous wine is that Tokaji, which is available in different flavors. Its grapes grow on volcanic soil. This wine can be enjoyed both with the main course and with dessert.
Another wine is the Egri Bikavér, as "Bull blood“Because of its dark red color. It goes perfectly with a substantial Hungarian meal.
Wine is also spicy, if it is typical Hungarian Gewürztraminer chooses. This has a slight note of nutmeg and is also perfect as a wine for cozy hours. You shouldn't be surprised about the residue in the bottle.
After dinner we often go to Hungary high-proof schnapps enough - it should stimulate digestion. Most famous is Barackpálinka, a fruit brandy made from apricots.
A couple of recipe recommendations
Hungary's cuisine offers spicy, spicy and hearty food, combined with delicious sweets and desserts, such as pancakes - characterizing the Austrian influence on Hungarian cuisine - and excellent wines from the country's own cultivation. she is spicy and rustic, but also sweet and substantial and all in all, the typical Hungarian dishes are all particularly delicious.
Rating: Ø 4.0 (56 votes)
- Why not fire and water get along?
- Audition for teenagers in London
- When should you write someone off
- Prime numbers go on forever
- What are the disadvantages of rural society
- Acupressure for arthritis
- What is meant by Indian values
- Is the censorship of a film unethical?
- Why do people behave differently when they are anonymous?
- What is the color code
- Why are replications important in experimental studies
- Is bass fishing a sport 1
- What is on a resume cover letter
- What is Faradays Law of Electrolysis
- Why are traffic signals important at night
- A single word that is difficult to refute
- The crowdsourcing testing industry is dead
- What is Perl strong for?
- There is still marketing myopia
- Who is in kenya
- Is India's space station project economically viable
- Will GST be profitable in a business?
- Why have some Oakley sunglasses been discontinued?
- What were the last words of Jimi Hendrix
- How to say lock in Swedish?
- What are the quintessential protein cocktails
- Which development businesses use PHP
- What Causes Cervical Cancer Other Than HPV
- Why do most parents fail because of parenthood
- Covers Louisiana's Medicaid Dentistry
- How expensive should a wedding be
- Why are sneakers called sneakers
- What are Venture Capital and Angel Investors