How is a marble sculpture created
Marble - noble natural stone
- To press:
- In this article
- Properties of marble
- Advantages of marble
- Disadvantages of marble
- Small stone lexicon
- Interview with Dr. Patric Draenert from Draenert
Marble is created through the lengthy transformation of various minerals in the earth's interior. If the minerals are exposed to great heat and pressure, marbles are formed. Marble was coveted as early as the seventh century BC and was laboriously mined by hand. Countless works of art and monuments such as the Acropolis were made of marble. In addition, marble was used over the centuries in the interior construction of the houses and properties of the upper class. Today floor and stair coverings, kitchen countertops or unusual washbasins or decorative objects are made from marble.
Properties of marble
What exactly is meant by marble depends on the country in question and the legal requirements. In Germany, a distinction is made between limestone that can be polished, such as the so-called Jura marble, and real marble, which must consist of at least 50 percent calcite, dolomite or aragonite in order to earn the title marble. Due to the different composition of the raw materials, each type of marble has specific properties and an individual decor.
Marble has a wide range of colors that includes almost every nuance, shade and color combination. The crystalline nature of the different types of marble gives it its shine. In Central Europe, marble is mainly used for the design of interiors. Due to the frost resistance of many types of marble, it is also suitable for outdoors.
- Oil pulling helps with arthritis
- What makes a person unworthy
- Are medical supplements subject to HIPAA
- Owns Whole Foods Instacart
- Ain't no friendly introvert an oxymoron
- How can we change our circumstances?
- How humble is Mark Zuckerberg
- You can revise notes while dreaming clearly
- What is the oxidation number of sulfur
- Who stands in front of the band White Zombie
- Are genes on chromosomes
- Still make money with AdSense
- Bats eat moths
- When will battle tanks be obsolete?
- Who are the best writers from Italy
- Who really owns the Guardian?
- How do professionals tune a wing
- What is invaluable in a marriage
- Which factor does the electron mobility depend on?
- Which is India's highest peak
- Who won the battle of Mogadishu
- What are the best cryptocurrency trading simulators
- Why is moonlight cool
- Underline movie titles
- What evidence supports the Malthusian theory
- What is the history of C programming
- How can I be honest with everyone
- What is the cultural meaning of mythology
- What is the Kashi Vishwanath Corridor
- Why is it getting difficult to keep software developers
- Why do we do turbulence modeling
- Joe Biden is a billionaire
- Is there a drought in India?