What is the greatest award you have ever received
Qualifications in the application: only relevant, please!
Competence, experience, qualification - these three aspects make up the content of every application. If these match the advertised position and if the applicant is still personally and personally compatible with the team and company, the chances of working together are usually good. But just that Qualifications can noticeably affect the success and chances of an application, as some candidates rely on quantity rather than quality. Here, however, it depends on the targeted selection, which should not only have to do with technical criteria ...
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Qualifications in the application: The curriculum vitae
Every résumé is after a specific one Basic pattern and initially contains information such as the description of what you did and a description of the specific Content. It is important that both the technical qualifications (hard skills) and your social skills, your soft skills, emerge from this:
- Graduation: What is your educational background and what qualification did you obtain?
- Vocational training: Have you completed an apprenticeship and, if so, with what focus?
- Education: When you graduated, what were your main areas of focus there?
- Additional qualifications: What qualifications have you acquired through hobbies or further training, for example?
- International experience: Did you do a semester abroad or did you work abroad?
- Internships: What practical knowledge did you gain and in which industry?
- Linguistic proficiency: Do you have any foreign language skills and to what extent?
Depending on the scope of your activities and your age, you should two versions create: a résumé that really contains everything you have ever done, what knowledge you have ever acquired and what makes you personally stand out.
It also makes sense to have carried out a strengths and weaknesses analysis beforehand. You should always keep this résumé up-to-date and, if necessary, supplement it.
The second resume is the one for yours current application matters. If, for example, your enthusiasm for dance sport is included in your first résumé alongside your long-term participation in chess tournaments, dance can be canceled if you are currently applying for a position as controller. Why? Because there in the first place analytical skills are in demand and less motoric.
On the other hand, if you should apply to become a managing director at ADTV (General German Dance Teachers Association), it would of course be rough carelessTo suppress your dance sport activities. But membership in the rabbit breeders association probably doesn't matter.
Throw everything superfluous from your application résumé.
Qualifications: examples of formulations
Here are a few Formulation aids for the professional qualifications in the cover letter:
- My current job as a lawyer in the legal department of an insurance company includes drafting and negotiating contracts, as well as advising the specialist departments on claims processing and contract law.
In addition, I oversee the development of new insurance products from a legal perspective. I am absolutely familiar with the use of numbers, as I completed an apprenticeship in banking before starting my university career.
- I have been working for the call center X & Y in the area of customer relationship management (CRM) for four years. As a call center agent, I work there in the inbound area for a direct bank.
My actions, which are shaped by the concept of service, include all customer inquiries about account management, payment transactions, securities orders and advice on personal loans.
- I was able to shorten my training as a chemical technician to 2.5 years thanks to my very good performance. I have already acquired two essential characteristics of this training, diligence and accuracy, in shooting sports. This benefited me in my specialty, combining materials.
- My tasks in sales included acquiring advertising customers. This included the advice and support of new and existing customers as well as the associated preparation of offers and product presentation.
I was also involved in the relaunch of our advertising magazine and the creation of a new website. I also actively designed the introduction of our application program as well as the further development and user training.
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Qualifications in the application: Just no watering can principle!
Young professionals and graduates in particular often make the mistake of all available qualifications to pack into the application. Several pages of certificates and receipts are just as much a consequence of this tactic as extensive cover letters and jam-packed résumés.
The underlying thought: If all qualifications are presented in the application, the HR manager can pick out the relevant ones. In addition, applicants avoid the risk of forgetting an important qualification. The good old one Watering can principle at least makes sure that everything is in there.
That's right, but that is not the purpose of an application. Very few HR managers will pick the relevant qualifications from a mountain of qualifications. A mass of qualifications and evidence is more of a deterrent and, in case of doubt, ensures that your application makes a negative impression. So remember:
The selection of the relevant qualifications is your job as an applicant, not that of the HR manager. In no case should you neglect or delegate them.
Qualifications: Sharpen your profile
Granted, the word “delegate” sounds a bit strange in this context. But you don't do anything else as an applicant when you cram your application full of qualifications. You delegate the selection of suitable qualifications to the HR manager. Not the best idea.
Consequently, you should when researching and building your application Think about the right qualifications. Some applicants find it difficult to make a selection - especially omitting qualifications. A small voice in the back of your mind keeps asking the same question: What if I forget a relevant qualification? The answer is simple, but it's not that easy to implement:
With a clear profile tailored to the position, all relevant qualifications can be identified.
A clear profile is not only created by studying the job advertisement. The criteria mentioned there certainly form the basis of your profile, but in order to really match it to a company, far more is required. As an applicant, you should ...
- … Style and philosophy understand the company.
- ... an impression of the Core values of the employer win.
- … Your unique selling points work out clearly.
- ... record what the company is looking for unspoken value.
- … the Reasons for the requirements Understand the job posting.
- … capture, what qualifications are relevant for the specific tasks.
The necessary understanding sets you up corresponding effort in preparing and researching your application. In addition to the technically relevant qualifications, aspects that can be anchored in the philosophy and history of the company also play a role.
So like part-time seminars on specific topics at first glance play no role for the specific position. However, if it becomes clear that active and independent further training is seen by the target company as evidence of commitment and initiative, you should name at least some of the independently acquired qualifications.
Also, there is one thing you should be aware of: you need a real one for the company added value So your point of view should be: What can I offer the company?
When formulating your cover letter, it is important to three things to consider:
- Drag the Corporate success with one - name specific qualifications that will help position the company well in the market.
- Avoid that in your formulations conjunctive: I would, I could, I would - no! Instead: Thanks to my many years of experience in the field of advertising acquisition, I will significantly increase your circulation.
- Look out for one appropriate language. Formulations with nouns such as: By winning new customers ... sound bureaucratic - but can be appropriate depending on the job profile, for example in the public service sector. Otherwise, you'd better avoid this style and write: I was able to win new customers by showing constant commitment and providing advice.
Qualifications in the application: what distinguishes you?
This aspect makes it clear that your qualifications represent far more than mere proof of performance and experience. They can be evidence and an expression of your personal skills and characteristics. These are of enormous interest to many companies.
When choosing the relevant qualifications, you should therefore not only focus on technical, but also on personal aspects respect, think highly of. Do you have qualifications that are personally important to you, but do not seem to fit the job? Then check out why these qualifications mean so much to you - and explain the reasons.
Usually these reasons are closely related to your personality or individual strengths and values. You can represent Round off your profile - and make your application attractive. For example, if you are applying for a management position, it is not incidental to mention that you have obtained a coaching license in your favorite sport of football and have also supported the local club for three years through your board work.
You not only show specific professional qualifications in football, but also your knowledge of Organization and structure of the club. You are also interested in a sport in which team players are in demand.
This means that you enjoy working with other people and that your actions are also shaped by Sense of responsibility. Perhaps you once held the post of treasurer as part of your association membership, so that you can easily prove your experience in dealing with numbers.
When you formulate the cover letter, it is not just a question of the hard skills when choosing the relevant qualifications, but also that they fit the job exactly. Self-reflection naturally plays a major role in this.
Other readers will find these articles interesting:
- What is a flagship species
- Why does potassium react violently with oxygen?
- What are some scams with online courses
- Germany had a royal family
- What is Iran doing in Yemen
- What is a stacking cap 1
- All essential oils are food grade
- Does marijuana affect psychopathy
- Why did Ok Boomer become so popular
- Are there traveling high schools
- How can I start an IT startup
- What is the Cobb Douglas Formula
- Why is blood green in the water?
- Why is Sammy Davis considered a Satanist
- Subutai is the greatest general there ever was
- What does the Auburns engineering program look like
- Can you get vocabulary lists by age
- How was the market for Adobe Omniture
- Why is Android on so many phones
- How can you assess your cybersecurity readiness
- How does the Indian tax system work
- How does Photoshop work
- Criticism is essential for improvement
- What social rules do people break often?