How do you get a hickey
How is a hickey made?
A hickey is a collection of ruptured blood vessels beneath the surface of the skin. Such an injury occurs when the skin is sucked so hard that negative pressure is created. It can be generated by someone placing the parted lips on the skin, pulling the air or the skin into the oral cavity with force and holding it under pressure for a while. This can be done with or without tooth contact. Because the veins can also be damaged by biting too hard in the heat of the love fight.
Incidentally, a hickey is not always immediately visible, but can take around five to ten minutes to appear. Often it hurts a little, at least at the beginning.
How does a hickey go away?
There is no proven effective remedy for a hickey. However, there are plenty of well-intentioned tips against hickey spots, which are usually not or only moderately successful.
Trying to remove the hickey by brushing it to smooth the blood vessels, for example, can damage the skin even more. Aspirin and other blood-thinning drugs can also make the stain glow longer than it would without "treatment", since the vessels are still sensitive even after several days.
One thing that may help against hickey is cooling. So it may disappear a day or two earlier. How long it stays, however, differs from stain to stain. A hickey only needs about a week on average, even without treatment, before it can no longer be seen.
Until then, the most effective thing you can do is cover up the hickey - with a cloth or make-up, for example. There is therefore only one answer to the question “What can you do about hickey marks?”: Wait.
On which parts of the body do hickey appear?
In principle, (almost) every part of the body is suitable for hickey. Or as the love textbook Kama Sutra puts it: "All places that can be kissed can also be bitten, except the upper lip, the oral cavity and the eyes." A hickey on the neck or a hickey on the chest are the most common variants - although all erogenous zones tend to be potential love bites, for example thighs, stomach and buttocks.
Is a hickey dangerous?
There are always stories in the media of people who are said to have ended up in hospital or even died due to a hickey. In fact, scientists suspect that the strong suction can damage an artery, which could cause thrombosis, which in turn can lead to stroke. Such cases are extremely rare, however, and there is often a previous exposure to smoking or an immune disease. Those who have healthy blood vessels usually have nothing to fear from a hickey.
It is a fairy tale, by the way, that a hickey can cause cancer. The suction effect that creates it is even deliberately used as a remedy in naturopathy: in cupping, a procedure in which small glasses are supposed to relieve tension and relieve pain by means of negative pressure. So just relax while kissing, enjoy and let the hickey be hickey.
Origins of the hickey
As early as the middle of the 19th century, the love bite was scientifically researched in specialist books. Presumably, according to the records, the painful expression of love has its origin in the animal world. Some mammals, such as donkeys, bite each other as part of their mating ritual.
In humans, the biting and sucking that leads to a hickey may be due to the association of love with pain and the display of power, one of the oldest human instincts.
The bite as part of the love game is already discussed in the Kama Sutra 200 to 300 BC and the different types of biting are described in detail.
Author & source information
- What is Pelco Security Camera
- What are exact numbers
- How did composers test their music?
- You can publish your language alphabet
- What are the most frequently used passwords
- To what extent is Cape Town overrated?
- Are there any IT companies in Pakistan
- What was the purpose of punk rock
- Can I use shaving foam as a shampoo?
- Why are dog paws pink
- Why is a nerve a tissue
- Flies Jetblue to Hawaii
- Waitresses can wear nail polish
- How do institutes benefit from the range of MOOCs
- How did biology get very complex
- Which is better Toppr or askIITians
- Was Johnny Cash an INFJ
- Why don't you love your parents
- Why do young people like to hike?
- What is Indian football history
- Can dogs taste salt?
- Revenge is a real source of inspiration
- You need an Amazon ranking SEO service
- How the viscosity of fuel is improved
- Can you eat African land snails
- Why is Magikarp hated
- Is the censorship of a film unethical?
- Which product design university should I choose?
- Can visit Jaipur and Udaipur in August
- Should I do a bachelor's degree in math
- How do I start doing metal
- Can pushups help burn breast fat?
- Were tanks used in Vietnam?