As a rule, women are more relationship-oriented
Eliminate conflicts in everyday working life: understand the rules - talk to each other - cooperate successfully.
“The toner needs to be changed” - men and women in the office react very differently to such a sentence. The colleagues jump up almost at the same time and run to the copier. The colleagues stay seated. One or the other might still think “Yes, that's right”, but it was. Who doesn't know scenes like this? Communication between male and female colleagues in the office is often stuck.
The problem: women express themselves indirectly, often using the subjunctive. They want to create closeness and a good working atmosphere. “But it seems insecure and submissive to men.” Women also think and speak more relationally, men more objective and solution-oriented. Women have mostly been socialized according to the rules of non-hierarchical communication, men according to those of hierarchical communication.
The communication and career experts agree: The common misunderstandings between men and women in the office don't have to be. If, on the one hand, both sexes recognize that men and women have different languages, that would be very helpful. Second, if necessary, it is then necessary to learn the techniques and rules of the other communication system.
More information on the topic:
Brochure "Talking to one another - cooperating successfully" from the Office for Rhenish Regional Studies
- Can I edit Build Prop without root
- What is the legacy of Michelangelo Buonarroti
- How does iodine react with water
- What is meant by AC
- Why don't facts change people's minds
- Should I continue my studies or work?
- How is MDR-TB diagnosed
- How was Easter Island settled
- Why does my phone hang up sometimes
- How did you get rich by accident
- How are drought-resistant plants made
- Why don't orcs attack the Shire?
- How do I learn PHP code
- How detrimental to the rebuilding was Andrew Johnson
- Pushes CNN on an agenda
- UCLA gives full riding scholarships
- What happened in Yemen in 2016
- Why do people tremble when they are nervous
- Offers Bloomberg news for free
- Can we eat mutton liver at night?
- What went wrong with the EU
- Have you ever asked god why me
- Should lemons be refrigerated after cutting
- Scarlett Johansson has Danish roots