How to change a sink faucet
Change the tap
A new faucet - this is how it is installed
The tap is no longer working properly, no longer looks good, or does it not match the renewed look of the bathroom and kitchen? Then you need a new one, and you can install it yourself. It's not difficult - if, as a non-installer, you set yourself up to work carefully. Otherwise there is a risk of flooding.
Have you already bought your new faucet? Then let's hope together - that the height of the faucet matches the sink, that it is easy to use, that the existing holes also match the new mixer. Because it's best to check this before buying. Otherwise, an exchange will be required, or the holes in the worktop or sink will have to be re-drilled. That is possible, but of course you want to avoid it, especially because the old holes then get in the way. Even if there are panels that can be used to close them. In the following, we assume that you have obtained a suitable fitting.
The fitting can be changed in just a few steps.
Plumbing specialist companies
- Nationwide network
- Qualified providers
- Step 1: Rotate You the Angle valves closedlocated under the pelvis. Usually there is one for the hot and one for the cold water. If you want to be on the safe side, turn off the main water tap as well. And check whether there is actually no more water.
- Step 2:To solve You the Connecting pipes or hoses detached from the angle valves. They are fastened with so-called union nuts. It is best to use a suitable wrench. A so-called Englishman or a pipe wrench will also work, but you risk damaging the nuts with it.
- Step 3: To solve You the Attachment of the fitting under the basin and take it out. Carefully remove any silicone from the hole with a knife.
- Step 4: Screws You the Hoses on the old fitting and attach it to the new one. Make sure that the screw connections are correctly seated and not tilted.
- Step 5 :Pull You one Sealing washer and a washer to protect the ceramic over the tubes.
- Step 6. Slide You the Tubing through the hole in the sink, then the fastening screw, and finally the tap goes into the hole. The fitting should not be turned very tightly, but adjusted exactly in the middle. Then the fitting has to be screwed on very tightly - if something loosens and has play, this will lead to damage over time.
- Step 7: Connect You the Line hoses with the angle valves. They are fastened with the union nuts.
- Step 8:Rotate You the Angle valves - if necessary also the main water tap - on and try if everything works and is tight. All connections should be carefully examined for moisture - one drop is one too many, so dry everything thoroughly with a cloth before testing.
New installation & renovation
Tip: Register for the newsletter now
Receive the most important news monthly and free of charge directly in your mailbox
- Are objects quantum mechanically real?
- What does a lavender aura mean
- Can an Iraqi citizen travel to Kuwait?
- What is Chrysaor Spyware
- Are there age restrictions on Facebook
- How much does the ForeUP CRM
- Where is the Alexandria lighthouse located
- During World War II, the Maginot Line was useless
- How can I control my sister's anger
- All narcissists think alike
- How do I make money with Beonpush
- How many revolutions does a cube contain?
- What is the theory of self-efficacy
- Got's last episode was disappointing
- Google Tag Manager is easy to understand
- Would you recommend GCSE Music
- Is the Nintendo Switch Lite backwards compatible
- Why was history made
- Lisp is the most powerful language
- How many US battleships are museums
- How can I make a slime quick
- Who owns PayPal now after Elon Musk
- ITunes is free to download
- Is it forbidden to be vegan in Judaism?