Is ADHD more common in boys
Possible consequences of ADHD in children and adolescents
An important aspect is that children and adolescents with ADHD often have many conflicted relationships in their environment. This applies:
- In the family: Difficulties are common both between the parents and the affected child and in the relationship with siblings.
- In the social (school) environment and in leisure time: Because children and young people with ADHD are often perceived as exhausting by their peers, friendships tend to be less frequent or not lasting.
Low self-esteem in ADHD children
Children with ADHD do not develop good self-confidence and negative self-esteem, among other things due to the often difficult relationships and a lack of success. With a view to the long-term, often chronic course, it is also important that ADHD increases the risk of further psychiatric disorders occurring later.
Increased risk of injury in ADHD children
The risk of accidents and injuries for children and adolescents with ADHD is significantly higher than for their peers who are not affected. Hospital treatment as a result of sports accidents is also more common. A propensity for risky sexual practices has been reported in adolescents; Girls are more likely to have early pregnancies.
Children and adolescents with ADHD underestimate risky situations
It is not yet clear why these increased risks exist. As a possible explanation it is assumed that children and adolescents with ADHD need a comparatively stronger and more frequent stimulation of their reward system in the brain. Overall, there is the idea that z. B. Adolescents with ADHD specifically look for situations that they hope will generate strong incentives. When looking for the kick, they often tend to underestimate risky situations. ADHD also seems to increase the risk of early nicotine addiction. The abuse of drugs, e.g. B. cannabis, is also statistically increased. One hypothesis here is that some adolescents use cannabis to relieve symptoms of ADHD.
You might also be interested in:
How can my child be helped?
What consequences does an ADHD, untreated in childhood, possibly have in adulthood?
- Can an immigration officer refuse entry
- Are there crab trees
- What is the chemical formula of bone
- Roll your own cigarettes healthier
- How can love change a life
- How effective is clindamycin
- When did you screw it up?
- How does the Timeshare Exit Team work
- What does the expression of the golden goose mean
- Are languages compiled or interpreted faster
- Why did Asana start using React
- What is Infor Supply Chain Management SCM
- What is playing works well for outdoor theater
- May girls have a big pierced penis
- Is consciousness objective
- Who will kill Thanos in Avengers 4
- What a tenor this man is
- Which countries have banned the death penalty?
- Shock can cause heart attack
- What makes a student an entrepreneur
- Where does the tongue begin?
- Where can I play football in Texas?
- Is AWS a SaaS
- How is a QB passerby rating calculated?
- What was Leonardo da Vinci's personality
- Forgiving someone prevents your bitterness
- Who Owns Craigslist
- How does wisdom capital compare to Zerodha
- What makes a bad therapist
- What are ZalTV codes
- How can I become a psychiatrist 3
- Is tap water safe to drink in Sweden?
- Which current is related to mechanical engineering?
- What is the Django programming language