Which drink quenches the thirst?
Thirst quenchers - How can you quench your thirst quickly and correctly?
Our body loses around 2 to 2.5 liters of fluids a day. On hot days we lose even more, up to 4 liters in 24 hours. We feel thirsty with the first liter of water lost and with the second we lose brain function. If the loss of body fluids continues, dizziness may occur and you may even pass out. 30% of the lack of fluids can be compensated by soups, fruits and vegetables, but the other 70% has to be added by fluids. That is why today we want to talk about good thirst quenchers that we can also use to compensate for the water loss in our body.
Good thirst quenchers for a fresh summer
The water is the best to quench your thirst
Good thirst quenchers
- The best thirst quencher is and remains water. Whether sparkling or non-sparkling mineral water, although without it is much better, or simply still water from the tap. This is the best way to quench your thirst. The water can be tasted better with a few pieces of fruit for a change.
- The soft drinks also serve this purpose very well, but only if they are not too sweet, sour and intense and contain few calories. The best thing to do is to prepare a delicious lemonade yourself or mix some freshly squeezed orange juice with water.
- Teas also quench thirst quite well. You can mix different types together, such as herbal and fruit teas, black and green teas. Let cool a little and add some fresh mint or lemon balm. Small pieces of ginger also provide more freshness. However, if you want to sweeten the tea slightly, you can use syrup made from elderflower, rhubarb or berry fruits.
Tip: To quench children's thirst, prepare fruit ice lollies, for example in ice cube form. For this you can either use different pieces of fruit or puree. Cold foods that are rich in water, such as B. tomatoes, cucumbers, melons and strawberries quench your thirst perfectly.
Grapefruit lemonade with rosemary
The thirst quenchers must not be too cold or too hot
Drink regularly and at the right temperature
As a rule, you should drink up to two liters of fluids a day. But on hot days and with greater physical exertion, the fluid requirement can increase up to four times. To replace the minerals excreted when you sweat, you should drink fluids regularly, even before you feel thirsty or your mouth becomes dry. Regular fluid intake prevents circulatory problems, headaches and dizziness.
The soft drinks must not be too cold or too hot. Ice-cold drinks quench your thirst for a short time, but can cause stomach problems. On the other hand, the hot drinks increase sweating and so you lose more body water.
We would like to give you two more thirst-quenching recipes as an idea!
Apple, carrot and orange drink
- 100 ml orange juice
- 100 ml apple juice
- 140 g low-fat yogurt
- 100 ml carrot juice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seed oil
All ingredients are mixed well with the hand blender or blender. You can put the drink in the fridge for a short time or serve it straight away.
Lemonade with watermelon and mint
The ingredients needed:
- 1/2 medium watermelon
- 4 medium limes
- 1 cup of mineral water
- 1 cup of fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes
Remove the watermelon peel and cut the pulp into pieces. Squeeze the juice of the limes and mix all ingredients for 30 to 60 seconds on a high level in the blender. Divide into glasses, add some ice cubes and voila! Your soft drink is ready!
You can get more inspiration for thirst quenchers from our pictures below. We wish you to stay healthy and enjoy the drinks!
A healthy refreshment with avocado and limes
Cool strawberry-kiwi lemonade
Add your favorite fruits to a glass of water
Cucumber and pineapple drink for the hot summer
Strawberry soda with a splash of lime juice
Honeydew melon and Moroccan mint
Mix different types of tea together and let cool
Drink fluids regularly
Peach lemonade as a summer drink
- An engineering degree in Dubai is important
- Arizona has private prisons
- Which toothbrush is the worst
- Are private vehicles allowed in IITs
- Where is Edward Snowden in 2020
- Support the busting of trust
- Why does linear B matter
- Is Yosemite Safe to Hike?
- Which organic acids are contained in foods
- What is a good costume design template
- What are the advantages of photo editing programs
- It is a good idea to sell time
- What is the MISA Act of India
- What is the vote of confidence
- How do I make sauces
- Why are balloons associated with parties
- Where can I rent furniture in Delhi
- What if Romania joined the Allies?
- How do you get a DV case
- Which software is supported by database technologies
- Why is England so anti-Russian
- How are autonomous expenses determined
- Citronella plants protect mosquitoes effectively
- Are DSLR and SLR lenses interchangeable