Prime numbers go on forever
We to take tentatively at, there would only be a finite number of prime numbers. If this were true, then there should be one largest of all prime numbers, and we denote this with n. The list of all prime numbers would then be Da & # 223, however this assumption cannot be correct, becomes evident when the number (i.e. the product all Prime numbers plus 1) is considered:
This number would be much larger than, so it could not be a prime number. Consequently it should have a divisor (different from 1 and itself). This factor could be broken down into a product of prime numbers, and all of these prime factors would have to divide the number (2). (If a number is divided by e.g. 10, then also by the prime factors 2 and 5). So there should be at least one prime that divides (2).
On the other hand (2) cannot be completely divided by any prime number in our list 2, 3, 5, ..., since the remainder always remains 1 !!! So there would be a prime that is not on our list! The contradicts but assuming that & # 223 we in (1) all Have listed prime numbers!
The assumption that there are only finitely many prime numbers leads to a (logical) contradiction, so it cannot be true! (Because the general rule is: a statement from which a contradiction can be constructed must be wrong).
This way of proving a fact will ''indirect evidence'' called: If the assumption that the opposite of a statement is true can be used to construct a contradiction, then the statement must be true!
- What is a quantum afterburner
- What is the best beach in Sweden
- What is barrel strength whiskey
- Should I be afraid to move forward
- Why is music better than video games
- Why should I stop pushing my luck?
- What are your living hacks in Seattle
- Which operating system is used in schools
- Instrumentation and control is the best branch
- How many people work at Panic Inc.
- Why do poor people hate the police
- How strict is Amrita College in Coimbatore
- Is Mahindra TUV300 worth buying
- What are the unknown facts about Arjuna
- Do you think Meghan Trainor is pretty?
- How much do photo editing programs cost
- Is makeup ethical
- What's the best Queen album
- Where can I play bingo online
- Who is downloading PUBG Mobile Lite
- Are zoos morally wrong
- What color should I buy
- What does FiO2
- What are some shocking facts about smoking