When is low tide
ebb and flow
Constant change through the tides
Who doesn’t know that: no sooner has the holiday started than the water is gone. The consolation: it will be back in a few hours, guaranteed.
The tides and tides are particularly pronounced in the North Sea and determine life in and around the Wadden Sea. The water in the North Sea rises and sinks twice a day, revealing exciting insights into a unique natural landscape.
High tide and low tide
Flood is the period in which the water rises. If it reaches its highest level, the flood has been reached. In the following six hours the water level (ebb) falls until it has reached the lowest level, the low water. The tidal range, i.e. the difference in height between low water and high water, is two to five meters in the North Sea, depending on the location.
Cause: Forces of the moon
The tides are created by the action of the gravitational forces of the moon and the sun on the earth. These forces depend on the distance between the moon and earth. On the side facing the moon, greater forces act and the water is drawn towards the moon. This creates a flood mountain there. On the side facing away from the moon, the earth is pulled away from the water and a second flood mountain is created.
Put simply, the earth then rotates under these flood mountains during its daily rotation. Therefore, there would be high and low tide twice a day. However, since the moon has also continued to turn within the 24 hours, it takes 24 hours and approx. 50 minutes from one flood to the next but one. This also explains the daily 50-minute tide shift
Spring tide and nip tide
Both forces work together on full and new moon and there are particularly high spring tides or particularly low nipp tides at half moon. In combination with the corresponding wind directions, this can lead to the notorious storm surges in the North Sea.
- What is it like to be a doctor
- When can we meet 1
- What are the weaknesses of Fighting Pokemon
- How do you find satisfaction in life
- Why are some people with dementia fighting
- How is the photography school
- What are some textbook examples of evil
- Has discovered X-rays himself
- Who poisoned Tywin Lannister
- Why is a typewriter obsolete 1
- Who is the first moral philosopher
- Baltimore's economy is worse than Detroit's
- What does technical support mean
- How is bipolarism shown in children
- Where is the scariest place in Cornwall
- You can mix latex and acrylic paints
- How good is Udacity Android Nanodegree Course
- Tea tree oil helps my skin
- What's the best about science
- The 16 personality test is meaningless
- How do I sell a famous lithograph
- Should I just stop seeing my therapist?
- How can you define nature
- Is it possible to hack a movie?