Have you already created a programming paradigm?
Imperative programming: an overview of the oldest programming paradigm
The imperative programming (from the Latin imperare = command) is the oldest programming paradigm. According to this paradigm, a program consists of a clearly defined sequence of instructions to a computer.
The source code of imperative languages strings together commands that determine what is to be done by the computer and when in order to achieve a desired result. Values used in variables are changed during the runtime of the program. To control the commands will be Control structures such as loops or branches integrated into the code.
The imperative programming languages are very specific and work close to the system. The code is easy to understand on the one hand, and on the other hand it is easy to understand many lines of source code needed to describe what can be achieved in declarative programming languages with a fraction of the commands.
The most famous imperative programming languages:
- C #
- C ++
The various imperative programming languages can in turn be assigned to three further, subordinate programming styles: the structured, the procedural and the modular programming style.
The structured programming style extends the imperative basic principle to include the concrete Control structures Sequences, selection (selection) and iteration (repetition). The reason for this is the containment or complete avoidance of jump instructions that make imperatively conceived code unnecessarily complicated.
The procedural approach divides the task that a program is supposed to take on into smaller subtasks that are individually described in the code. This creates programming blocks that can also be used in other programs. It goes one step further modular programming model, in which the individual program components are designed, developed and tested completely independently of one another. Only then do the individual modules combine to form the actual software.
- Who always sees my Facebook profile
- What is diabetes mellitus
- Loved Henry VIII Mary Boleyn
- Is a black hole two-dimensional mathematically
- Why do so many rappers become actors?
- How do ENFPs perceive INTPs
- Who are the greatest cosmologists today?
- What is an ion
- How does the national debt harm America
- What is traceability
- What is the dairy sector in India
- Is dermaplaning good for your skin?
- Why do fried foods taste bad
- What does it mean under interfacial tension
- Why is Sri Lanka not a continent
- You can drink alcohol while taking bisoprolol
- Why are cockatiels considered good pets?
- How do I make money with Beonpush
- Is it okay to have double eyelids?
- Papua New Guinea becomes a republic
- What does a Wohler wristwatch cost
- How do I organize successful events
- Who called biology
- How is chemistry a logical topic
- Excessive sugar intake can affect your metabolism
- What is your opinion on smoking marijuana
- Can a human ideal be worshiped
- Can a Majnun become a Sufi
- How do you convert mass into energy
- How to say Avenue in French
- Why do rules of thumb often work
- Which style of portrait photography is popular
- What are services like Chartbeat
- What are megabytes gigabytes and terabytes