Why is grammar becoming so popular
Learn German abroad"The students hate grammar"
"Well, then we want to stop here again. Günter Grass-Haus, we have that right across the street ..."
A very special guided tour through Lübeck's old town. The audience comes from Vietnam, South Africa and Algeria. Nobody needs an interpreter. All of them work as German teachers in their home countries. At the meeting of the International Association of German Teachers in Lübeck, you will use the time to train yourself, to exchange ideas and to explore Lübeck together. Fatma Dahias from Algeria and Alvaro Camu from Chile really like it here:
"The old town is so well preserved and everything is quiet and beautiful and for walking - I am really impressed with Lübeck."
"Well, it's not like that with the weather ... But it is a city that really makes you curious about what else to experience."
Alvaro Camu teaches adults at the Goethe Institute in Santiago de Chile. German is a very popular foreign language there, he says. This is not only due to the fact that many Germans emigrated to Chile in the middle of the 19th century:
"Germany is of course popular because you think - and it is true - that German products are very good, that German football is of course extremely popular these days - so German is very popular in Chile."
Prospect of studying in Germany
Many young people in Malaysia are also interested in the German language, says Pai Ling Chong. She teaches young people up to 17 years of age.
"They really want to learn German because they want to get to know these soccer people better. Then they would like to go on a trip to Germany in the future and then they will have no problems speaking to the Germans."
Not only football fans take German as a foreign language at school, many young people hope for better career prospects if they can speak German. Olivier Zongo from Burkina Faso in West Africa teaches young people in high school. He motivates his students with the prospect of a chance to study in Germany one day.
"You can get a good diploma here. And if you fly to Burkina Faso from Germany, you can also get good jobs."
However, it is not as easy for Olivier Zongo to get his students interested in the German language as for his Chilean colleague. For many high school students in Burkina Faso, German lessons are more of a necessary evil.
"Not so popular. Some people are more interested in English and French. French is an official language for us. And then German comes as the third language after French."
Passion for the German language
Learning German is not exactly easy. Perhaps that is why the young people from Burkina Faso prefer to deal with English and the familiar French. The teachers from Malaysia, Algeria and Brazil also know all too well the hurdles their German students have to face:
"I think the articles. There are three different ones that you have to memorize."
"Students hate grammar and find grammar very difficult."
"The grammar. In Portuguese, for example, you have no declensions, and that is complicated when you compare it to other languages."
Despite the complicated grammar - these teachers try to spark their own passion for the German language in their students too. For university professor Fatma Dahias from Algeria there are enough reasons for this:
"The precision of the German language. And the literature, the philosophy, actually everything."
- Balsamiq is the best wire mesh manufacturer
- Stephen Bannon has ever been to China
- Should a homeless man go to college
- Will my section be changed to KIIT
- May girls male breasts
- How do I stop being so paranoid
- P3c Orion carries some torpedoes
- What is the right time in the theory of relativity
- Why can't I learn about the opposite sex?
- Who offers Pega online training in Noida
- Business Analyst at Capgemini
- How do you hold out despite several obstacles
- What killed chivalry
- Would you buy a second hand iPhone?
- ITIL has competing methods
- I get my money back
- What can I do with my degrees
- Which chemical reaction releases the most energy?
- What is the definition of creative essay
- What allows us to do empathy
- Reacts magnesium with diluted hydrochloric acid
- What exactly is Google Chrome Canary
- What are the works of George Berkeley
- Why Arvind Kejariwal hates Narendra Modi
- How much do you hate animal abusers
- What is Descriptive Evaluative Research Design
- Dynamogaming is playing a hacked version of PUBG
- Is food expensive in Athens
- Mamata Banerjee works with terrorists
- What helps acne
- Is NH4SCN soluble
- Believe in a full immersion baptism
- What is a great thinker