Why does a pressure cooker work
How does a pressure cooker work?
Cook faster and save energy - what happens in the pressure cooker?
The pressure cooker (also called pressure cooker, pressure cooker) is a special saucepan that is closed airtight and pressure-tight when in use. The lid contains a seal on the edge and is tightly closed with the pot. If you put water and the food (e.g. vegetables) in the pot and heat it on a hotplate, the temperature inside rises.
What happens physically when the temperature rises?
The pressure inside rises with the temperature. Water boils at 100 ° C at sea level (this boiling temperature decreases with increasing altitude). If we increase the ambient pressure, the boiling temperature of water increases.
Why does food cook faster in the pressure cooker?
An increase in the cooking temperature accelerates chemical processes, which means that food is cooked faster. Being cooked means that the consistency, fiber structure and taste change due to protein denaturation, among other things.
Why doesn't the pressure cooker explode?
Such a saucepan has a safety valve (usually built into the lid) which, at the same time, acts as a control valve and automatically sets an optimal pressure inside. The more heat you add, the more water vapor is released through this valve.
© Bastos - Fotolia.com
shopping in the shop
- How can we create a hyperlink
- Where and how did Charlemagne die
- Is astrology bad for your health?
- What is GPS Tagging on a Camera
- How can poems be improved
- Is CoQ10 a blood thinner
- Why is chocolate addicting?
- Are all idealistic political ideologies roughly equivalent
- What is the origin of postage stamp paper
- Why are American colleges considered the best
- How will quantum computation shape the future
- Gives Google my data to third parties
- Flexcoin is not a scam
- What are some innovative uses for iBeacons
- Is language a form of control
- Tamiflu is an antibiotic
- How good is Marksil Stretch Mark Cream
- What does the sign 2
- Why didn't the Night King catch Bran?
- Is hair an unnecessary human trait?
- How can I create a personal website
- What's that in Java
- What is Nancy Sinatra's most successful song
- How is RG Kar Medical College Kolkata