What are the characteristics of gay women
Queer knows that (6) : Do gay women despise?
I often hear explicitly disparaging things about women from the mouths of gay men. Hence the question: Do gay women despise them? - Marie, Schöneberg
When it comes to relationships with women, the same applies to gay men as to all men - there are some. First of all, the intimate side of the relationship: Many gays adore women. Our biggest icons are not other gay men, but Madonna, Barbra Streisand or Lady Gaga, to name a few. We make pilgrimages to their concerts or their films and dedicate our own parties to them.
The veneration does not necessarily have to do with the fact that these artists stand up for gay rights. Rather, they are fascinated by the size of the performance, flamboyance, playing with gender roles and sexuality. They are the divas that many of us would like to be.
Many gays are likely to have more women in their circle of friends than straight men
Some gay men travel as trannies, other gays work as creators of fashion for women. In the less dazzling everyday life there are likely to be many who have significantly more women than straight men in their circle of friends. And no, these friendships are not necessarily based on a common interest in clothes and the exchange of relationship tips, as the cliché would have it. A basis may also be that the buddy world of straight men seems strange and closed to both women and gays.
For women who almost only have gay friends, homos have also invented terms such as “gay mum” or “Gabi”. They are not only meant ironically, but have an insulting undertone - a first sign of the ambivalences in the relationship between gay men and women.
Other gay men also marginalize lesbians
So other gay men don't care about women. They have nothing against them, but they are also not interested in them - and also sideline lesbians, whose concerns they ignore. After all, there are those gays who actually set themselves apart from women, whom one can speak of misogyny. One reason for this: They fear that they will not be seen as a whole guy by the majority society because of their gayness and therefore lose their privileges as a man. They devalue women in order to underline their masculinity and to save their own privileges.
That's not smart. One cannot get rid of the supposed stigma of the “female gay” by devaluing women. Gay men should better show solidarity with women. Only where women are doing well will they do well too.
Episode 5: Are gay men happy when straight people go to their parties?
Episode 4: As a straight person, how do I reject gay flirts?
Episode 3: Do you play our roles?
Episode 2: Which of the Two Will Get Pregnant?
Episode 1: Would you rather be straight?
Do you also have a question for the Tagesspiegel homos? Write us an email at [email protected]!
This text first appeared in the printed Saturday supplementMore Berlin.
You can find more LGBTI topics on theQueerspiegel, the queer blog of the Tagesspiegel. Suggestions for topics and criticism are welcome in the comment area a little further down on this page or email us at the address above.
Follow the Queerspiegel on Twitter:
- Who is downloading PUBG Mobile Lite
- Prism will make it big
- What is the EDM subgenre Complextro
- Which country owns Okinawa
- How do I find vitality in life
- How do you control naturally spiky hair
- An infatuation can occur between two flames
- UCLA gives full riding scholarships
- Is Lalu Prasad Yadav a gold medalist
- Mamata Banerjee works with terrorists
- Can you think quantum logically
- Are TOMS shoes really ethical?
- What is the future of writing fiction
- What is attractive about a career as a writer
- What is an acyclic compound
- Which factors determine the density level
- What is a POTS line
- Could Edgar Cayce really predict the future?
- What famous people have unusual anecdotes
- When do babies start walking 2
- Tried Trump to blackmail Morning Joe
- Can a minor get loans
- What is Zappos' customer service model
- The dates for NEET 2018 have been announced
- What does fresco mean in Spanish
- Why do some jazz songs sound random
- Cockney rhyme slang is still used
- Are objects quantum mechanically real?
- Which is better Lal PathLabs or Thyrocare
- How would a perfect language be structured
- Is there a way to mute chewing sounds?
- Can mercury be magnetized
- Why were the British afraid of marathas?