Can be made cheesecake without gelatine
Table of Contents
It tastes creamy, crispy, only slightly sweet and wonderfully refreshing: the Philadelphia cake has been one of the most popular “new classics” for decades, like mole cakes or Fanta cakes. As usual for a refrigerator cake, it is made completely without an oven. Just the thing for spring and summer!
The classic fridge cake
The Original Philadelphia cake is puristic. White, soft, simple. But there are now countless variants. In this post I will not only tell you the basic Philadelphiatorte recipe, in which I have only adjusted the amount of ingredients a little over time. But also some tips and tricks on how you can change the cake to your taste. There is definitely something for everyone! All you need is a few ingredients and a few hours for the refrigerator cake to become firm and stable. The preparation itself is really quick. And of course it doesn't matter in the end whether the Philadelphia cake is the branded product or a no-name product, the topping always (also) consists of creamy cream cheese.
Biscuit base as a basis
Almost always Philadelphia cake with biscuit base made. After all, as is usual for refrigerator cakes, the ingredients must also be able to be eaten raw and unbaked. Traditionally, biscuits and melted butter are mixed, sometimes biscuits and melted chocolate as well. The classic Philadelphia cake is based on ladyfingers. Other biscuits, such as shortbread biscuits or chocolate cookies, are also suitable. Depending on how “greasy” the biscuit crumbs are, you need a little more or less butter to hold them together.
Regardless of which cookies you use: First, they are ground as small as possible, ideally in a food processor or kitchen chopper, then mixed with the fat and pressed onto the base of a springform pan, which is covered with baking paper. If you don't have a food processor, you can also make the cookie crumb base by placing the cookies in a freezer bag and rolling over them several times with the rolling pin.
Cream cheese cream as a filling
The wonderfully creamy topping consists primarily of the eponymous cream cheese. The basic Philadelphia cake recipe also includes natural yogurt, lemon juice and a little sugar. There are also recipes that include cream. Gelatine is almost always added to ensure that the cream remains stable. It's ground in sachets or as leaves.
Alternatively, you can use the Philadelphia cake with jelly Prepare (instant powder). Or try one of my recipes for Philadelphiatorte without baking without gelatine, such as the No Bake Oreo Cheesecake. However, refrigerator cakes without gelatin will generally not be quite as firm.
You can find this and all other recipes in our APP
Philadelphia cake variants
The recipe for that Original Philadelphia cake you can vary it again and again. Be it that, in the simplest case, you simply add a little bourbon vanilla, cinnamon, cocoa or lemon zest to the cream cheese mixture. Or by decorating the fridge cake with various toppings: cocoa nibs, coconut flakes, crunchy muesli, nectarines, pistachios, nuts and Co. How about a Philadelphia cake with raspberries? Or the strawberry and chocolate fridge cake? For more variety on the cake plate, it may also be one of the following recipes:
The particularly well-known "old" recipes include the Philadelphia cake with woodruff or the Philadelphia cake with lemon, for which jelly powder is simply used instead of gelatine. It tastes a bit like creamy jelly and something artificial - but who likes it? . The Philadelphia cake with mandarins (from the tin, of course, grin!) Is similarly classic. What is your favorite variant?
Note: I published this post for the first time in 2018 and last updated it in 2019.
Classic Philadelphia cake
For the ground
- 200 grams spoon biscuit
- 140 grams of butter liquid
For the cream
- 600 grams of cream cheese and full fat
- 300 grams natural yoghurt, 3.5% fat
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 packet of ground gelatine or 6 sheets, alternatively agar-agar
- 150 milliliters of water
- 80 grams of sugar
- Deco ingredients e.g. Berries, nuts, cocoa nibs, coconut
- What are some fun places in Essex
- Did Hitler cheat like Putin at the Olympic Games
- Which preschool is the best in Panchkula
- How can I study in Russia
- What is the pronunciation of your name
- Are nucleoli present in prokaryotic cells
- California's forest roars are over now
- How were inventions and innovations invented
- What is Kernel Memory Protection
- What accounting qualifications are marketable in Australia
- What are similar apps like WeHeartIt
- Which international travel agencies offer free cost estimates?
- What's great about SoFi
- Which auditing company checks Twitter
- How many people play Fortnite on a regular basis
- God had a name in the beginning
- What is an anthropomorphic god
- What makes more strength Crossfit or Powerlifting
- Why is my startup disk almost full
- Who offers free website scanning services
- Why is grammar becoming so popular
- How is Marissa Mayer personally
- What is the business model of Cobooks
- Who can give legal aid