What hairstyles were popular in the 1950s
Just like the outfits of the 50s, the hairstyles of women and men were particularly neat and tidy. For men the pomade was the Holy Grail, for women it was the curlers.
Men's hairstyles: greasy fools
The gentlemen of the 50s wore their hair combed back neatly and always very well-groomed. Without pomade, of course, nothing worked. The greasy mass can be compared to today's very soft hair wax. Pomade therefore ensured stability and a flawless shine. The unbeaten trend hairstyle was the quiff in all possible variations. Whether sideways, neatly back or with a protruding curl - the hairstyle was masculine and stylish at the same time
Women's hairstyles: voluminous curls and bangs
For women, rockabilly hairstyles with bangs and large curls were popular. Bettie Page was not only "the" pinup of the 50s, but also a style icon when it came to the bangs. There were a number of options. Ponytails, updos, long and wavy or teased were popular. It was important that you could see the face clearly and that the hair formed a unit, with no strands hanging out. This required hair curlers and lots of hairspray, which had only just hit the market in 1955
- Where's Cad Bane
- Why are convergent disks considered destructive
- When did Greece stop producing great philosophers?
- What is the gross enrollment rate
- What is the movement of the astronauts
- What is Compiled Code
- Is it a bad thing to be simple?
- What is the national sport of Fiji
- What is considered male in China
- What do you mean by earth
- What can you serve with spaghetti meatballs
- Why did Bulgaria change currency
- Who makes better engineers, physicists or mathematicians
- How is PGDCA
- What is a conductor and his type
- Where is your main market
- Can I mix in milk jaggery?
- How is NIMC for the study of mass communication
- How do you hold out despite several obstacles
- Which is the best stock market institute
- What to do if scars are itchy
- How bad is narcissistic abuse
- How do racing bike teams work
- Which FIFA games have 2 halves of the minute