Oil pulling helps with arthritis
Oil pulling - which oil?
Cold-pressed sesame oil or sunflower oil as well as virgin coconut oil - all in organic quality - proved to be particularly suitable for oil pulling.
Many oils have antibacterial properties. However, most of the studies have been carried out with the three oils mentioned. All three shone with excellent antibacterial properties. Sesame oil and coconut oil also have anti-inflammatory properties.
Coconut oil is particularly suitable for oil pulling due to its outstanding antimicrobial properties. You can read here how great coconut oil can have an influence on oral flora and dental health: Coconut oil stops tooth decay
Read more about: Sesame - Many treasures in just one grain
Oil pulling - pure habit
In the beginning it can be very difficult to put the oil in your mouth in the early morning. Comfort yourself, almost everyone who starts oil pulling feels the same way. In any case, choose an oil that you particularly like from the three types of oil.
Then start with small amounts of oil. Even 1 teaspoon has an excellent effect and the mouth is not that full. If necessary, start with just half a teaspoon of oil.
Basically, oil pulling should be fun and pleasant. So it is never carried out by force.
You are also welcome to rinse for only 5 minutes and then continuously extend the time to 15 or 20 minutes.
Oil pulling - several times a day?
Once you get used to oil pulling, it may do you so good that you wonder if you could possibly do it several times a day as well.
Yes, you can. Always do the oil pulling before meals and, if possible, on an empty stomach. But oil pulling is also worthwhile in the evening before going to bed, because it improves the cleaning of the oral cavity and the teeth / interdental spaces.
Oil pulling with amalgam tooth fillings
Hot and acidic liquids can dissolve mercury from amalgam fillings. But also when chewing gum, mercury is released from the dental fillings. It is not known whether mercury can be released from the fillings during oil pulling. However, the probability is to be assessed as rather low.
Oil pulling for children?
Oil pulling is also suitable for children from 6 years of age - however, a few drops of up to half a teaspoon of the oil are sufficient.
It is important that your child understands that the oil must not be swallowed.
Oil pulling - effective, simple and inexpensive
The particular advantages of oil pulling are - in addition to the undisputed detoxifying, caring and antimicrobial effect - the ease of use and the low cost factor. It is best to start oil pulling first thing in the morning :-) and experience the positive properties of this very easy method of detoxification.
Have lots of fun with it!
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, e.g. to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Amith HV, Ankola A, Nagesh L, Effect of Oil Pulling on Plaque and Gingivitis, 2007, Journal of Oral Health & Community Dentistry, (Effect of oil pulling on plaque and gingivitis)
- Anand TD, Pothiraj C, Gopinath RM et al., Effect of oil-pulling on dental caries causing bacteria, March 2008, African Journal of Microbiology Research, (Effect of oil pulling on caries-causing bacteria)
- Asokan S et al., Effect of oil pulling on Streptococcus mutans count in plaque and saliva using Dentocult SM Strip mutans test: a randomized, controlled, triple-blind study, Journal of the Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, March 2008, ( Effect of oil pulling on Streptococcus mutans in plaque and saliva, measured with the Dentocult SM Strip mutans test: A randomized controlled triple-blind study)
- Asokan S et al., Effect of oil pulling on plaque-induced gingivitis: a randomized, controlled, triple-blind study, January March 2009, Indian Journal of Dental Research, (Effect of oil pulling on plaque-induced gingivitis: A randomized, controlled, triple-blind study)
- Asokan S et al., Mechanism of oil-pulling therapy - in vitro study, January / February 2011, Indian Journal of Dental Research, (Mechanism of oil-pulling therapy in-vitro study)
- Asokan S et al., Effect of oil pulling on halitosis and microorganisms causing halitosis: a randomized controlled pilot trial, Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, April June 2011, (Effect of oil pulling on halitosis and the microorganisms that cause halitosis: A randomized controlled pilot study)
- Abhinav Singh and Bharathi Purohit, Tooth brushing, oil pulling and tissue regeneration: A review of holistic approaches to oral health, April June 2011, Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine, (Tooth brushing, oil pulling and tissue regeneration: A review of holistic methods with the aim of dental health)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- What does tied mean
- What is the business model of Payvments
- How does a fever spread?
- Why can't I understand ancient art
- What are some famous examples of perjury
- Which municipalities in France cost the most
- Contains clindamycin penicillin
- Which dictator is best remembered?
- What is the best detox cleansing product
- What is special about Mimikatz
- What is Plone
- Why should Foxconn buy Sharp
- Why do PDF files have a password
- What exactly is breaking news
- What are the requirements for cloud computing
- Fructose reduces blood sugar
- Who is Joe Pesci
- What would intellectual music be?
- Do students have problems in their internships?
- Why are bioinformatics courses for students so rare
- How much does a pair of dumbbells cost
- What Are Some Good Comedy Podcasts
- How do you disable security
- What is the meaning of a ledger
- How can technology be used in learning
- Top High PR Free Article Submission Sites
- What are the benefits of studying biomedical engineering
- Is yttrium a solid liquid or a gas
- Why do the particles attract
- Who are Quoras' Most Valuable Player MVPs
- What is a switch fuse unit
- What are examples of veteran letters
- Pays Walmart money orders