What is Quora? We explain the question portal to you
Conceptually, Quora moves somewhere between a social network like Facebook and a knowledge forum like gutefrage.net. The Quora start page or feed is reminiscent of the Facebook timeline and allows the page to be used clearly through unlimited scrolling. The feed is a mixture of active threads, unanswered questions that fit into the categories selected by the users, and suggestions on how the users can complete their profile. If you want to contribute to a thread or answer a question, you can do so without leaving the feed. Quora is therefore characterized by fast and dynamic use.
The Quora concept actually requires a group of users consisting of experts and professionally trained people. And indeed, here and there sizes from certain disciplines get involved and comment on current issues. However, if you start Quora for the first time, you will be confronted with a jumble of trivial, often confused questions. The goal of creating a comprehensive database through user content that can keep up with Wikipedia still seems very utopian, especially in the German version. In order to achieve this, Quora still has far too little reach in Germany and, as a result, too few users.
The potential for this is definitely there: after all, the platform is easy to use and you can already guess what it would be able to do with a large and capable community. And the direct exchange of knowledge can be fun, given the successful feedback mechanisms of the platform. The English version is already a thriving knowledge database that attracts large investors and has prominent supporters - for example, Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales. For many, the site is also used for entertainment purposes, as you can click your way through interesting threads for hours.
One of the challenges that Quora will have to master in the future is to grow internationally and also to gain followers outside of the country of origin. If you want to become part of the community or are interested in the portal, then you've come to the right place. Because in this article we explain step by step how Quora works.
- Is the internet broadcast analog or digital
- Is it weird not to like hugs?
- Say the E with grace
- What was the greatest crime in history
- What are potato peels
- Morphine or hydromorphone causes worse constipation
- What is the least lateral dimensions
- How is the Bundesbank doing
- Why is peace so difficult to grasp
- How do you categorize your expenses
- What is tajweed in Islam
- How can you design a program
- What is projection-based augmented reality
- What are the causes of a deadlock
- Who is stronger Kisame or Itachi
- An MBA is a master’s degree
- How do cheetahs move so fast?
- What was life like in India in the 1960s
- How has Sony Electronics lost so much
- How did Savitar come so quickly
- What are some great restaurants in Roorkee
- Can Bluetooth signals such as Wifi be disturbed?
- Marry Sikhs
- Which is better CSE or EE
- Who made people
- What is HDB Financial Services
- What regulates vitamin D
- How do you leave out metal genre vocals
- Are wingworms in your head real worms?
- Makes Digg native advertising
- Married Padmavati Ratan Singh or Ashoka
- Why did you propose
- What do you think of Karaite Judaism
- What are some textbook examples of evil