How many revolutions does a cube contain?
Torque speed power
At least if you relate it to the total displacement. A 1000cc four-cylinder is basically made up of four 250cc units. The engine can rev up as fast as the mechanical components of the individual single cylinder allow. In the case of a two-cylinder with a total displacement of one liter, the individual displacement is logically 500 cm3, and it does not achieve such high speeds.
In the case of large individual cubic capacities, the maximum speed is limited not only by the mechanics but also by the gas exchange. Huge cylinders are naturally more difficult to fill, and the combustion is not so favorable due to the limited flame speed. A multi-cylinder is therefore fundamentally superior to a single-cylinder with the same displacement.
Pulling definitely has something to do with the torque curve, nothing works without power in the basement. When accelerating from low speeds, however, there is another very crucial component: the gear ratio. Large-displacement naked bikes, for example, are not geared to high top speed, because nobody drives 250 km / h without a fairing.
The overall translation can be correspondingly short. This in turn increases the speed level in all gears; The motorcycle not only appears more dynamic, it actually accelerates better with a comparable torque curve - because more speed or more power is available. 2Wheels determines torque values in the last gear from 60 km / h. A Yamaha Vmax is already turning 2400 rpm, while the crankshaft of a long-geared Suzuki GSX 1400 only rotates at 1800 rpm and therefore has significantly worse cards in a direct comparison.
The highest speeds can only be achieved with light engine parts. The mechanical limit is mainly set by the moving masses. In addition to the crank drive, which would at some point disassemble itself due to the high inertia, this is, to a decisive extent, the valve drive. Above a certain speed, the valves can no longer follow the cam profiles, then there is an unhealthy rattle, and then collapse.
Therefore everything is done to keep the oscillating masses small. You need light valves, which is why some modern designs use 40 percent lighter titanium instead of steel. On the other hand, a good filling requires a lot of valve area. Therefore it makes sense to distribute the area over several valves. Four- or five-valve engines are more speed-resistant than comparable two-valve engines.
9. Four cylinders are not elastic
- What are the limits of punk rock
- How IT is used in agriculture
- What is the formula of POP 1
- How does Arctic Cool work
- Chemical engineers work in hospitals
- Bite spiders
- Highly effective people watch movies
- Is Quora censored in its responses
- Where can I get to know technical strategies
- How to define management accounts
- What is your favorite rock movie
- What is composition in Java
- Where do you usually travel to relax
- Can the devil Satan fall in love
- Golf How can I break 80
- What projects should I do
- Are your teenagers happy?
- Why should we become aware
- Boxing can cause brain damage
- What is the presence of the drive
- What are the elements of romance
- Can you sing without meditating
- It is really a pleasure to clear
- Should I apply for a diversity visa?