Does Amazon Flex operate in Mumbai?
Amazon GameLift FAQs
Compared to running servers in a co-location environment, Amazon GameLift can save up to 70% on data processing costs with Spot Instances and Autoscaling. Check out our video or the sample cost comparison below.
We'll start with the AWS Total Cost of Ownership Calculator to estimate the cost of running the game servers in a colocation environment.
For this example, we have calculated costs in the US East (Northern Virginia) region using Linux as the operating system and 2 CPU cores and 3 GB of RAM for our servers. We have assumed that there are 2,500 instances running during peak demand. These inputs add up to a total compute cost of $ 4.5 million or approximately $ 125,000 per month for three years.
Next, we selected a similar configuration to Amazon GameLift. A c4.large instance fulfills the requirement of 2 CPU cores with 3 GB of memory.
Now let's calculate the cost savings from using Amazon GameLift Spot Instances. Spot prices change throughout the day, but typically Amazon GameLift Spot Instances on Linux are on average 70% cheaper than equivalent On-Demand Instances. The on-demand price for a c4.large instance in the US East (N. Virginia) region is $ 0.127 per hour. That's equivalent to a spot instance price of $ 0.04. With 2,500 instances running 24/7 for a month (30 days), that's $ 229,000 per month for On-Demand Instances, but only $ 72,000 per month for Spot Instances. So Spot Instances offer savings of 42% compared to co-location.
However, most games do not require peak capacity 24/7 based on the variability in player traffic. To automatically handle changing capacity requirements depending on current player needs, Amazon GameLift scales the number of instances up and down during the day. & Nbsp; The daily demand of all games is difficult to predict, but we have estimated that the hourly average is 50% the peak capacity is running. Autoscaling can cut costs to just under $ 36,000 a month.
Compared to the $ 125,000 we calculated for the co-location solution, this is a saving of $ 89,000, or 71%. Note that this calculation does not include data transfer costs. The fees for the data transfer arise from the data traffic between the game servers and the game clients. Incoming traffic is free. For outbound data transfer pricing to other AWS services and to other AWS Regions, see the data transfer pricing page.
- Why does Python not support Unicode identifiers?
- Will Blue Apron go public
- SQL database in table structure
- What is memory leak and dangling pointer
- How do you survive emotional infidelity
- Old languages like Swahili are disappearing
- What is the hardest topic in JEE
- How can AI destroy humanity
- Why are schools in America underfunded
- Why would anyone buy pictures online?
- Android UI layout without XML
- How can I achieve superhuman healing
- Education is the best weapon
- Is GNIT a better option for CSE
- What happens when a Google employee dies
- Which brands use Pinterest well
- How does Dubai deal with crime
- What do you think about wealth building
- Can deliver Chick Fil A.
- Interface design is a stable job
- Deceive the warriors
- What should Asian Americans know
- What kind of trees practice SAP
- Could we achieve teleportation through quantum tunnels