What is the loading unit
In freight transport, a loading unit is the transport object that can be dispatched and manipulated as a single piece. It consists of the cargo and the cargo carrier that summarizes the goods. Load carrier is z. B. the sack, the barrel, the box, the tank wagon, the container and the pallet, in or on which goods arrive from the sender to the recipient. For the rationalization of transport, storage and handling, standardized loading units, which are independent of the means of transport, with standardized and usable load carriers (pool pallet, ISO containers) are increasingly being used.
Transport aids; it serves to rationalize the transport and handling of goods through • standardization of the packaging (grouping of individual items), • optimal use of the cargo space of a mode of transport (truck pallet, aircraft container), Capacity of the loading facility), • Coordination of various transport systems (piggyback traffic).
Lim. f. the goods receiving packaging means (such as containers, barrels, crates, pallets, etc.), which form a closed goods unit with the goods contained in it from the point of dispatch to the point of receipt (for transport, handling and storage processes).
Previous technical term: Laddering | Next technical term: loading list
Report this article to the editors as incorrect and reserve it for editing
- What is an arbitrage fund
- How many users does Prismatic
- What causes belt rose in the armpit
- How fast are whales
- How many hours are 351 miles
- What is the guideline for the event planning checklist
- Which is better RGIPT or UPES
- What is the first band that you saw live
- Which was the first pop music group
- Red really makes you more attractive
- Why is it healthy to have friends?
- Is the Quora newsfeed buggy?
- Why are plasmids useful for bacteria
- Is your child safe at home at school?
- How should I start a programming life
- What is pvc tile floor
- What do you think of Machiavellian personalities
- What is 2017 2017 mod 125
- What are fireproof safes
- Are frequent accidents planned in UP
- What is digital broadcasting
- Who can help me in my success
- Is it worth joining NIT silchar
- What are social media bots