Is OCPD treatable
Increase efficiency - treatment
If COPD is detected early, the course of the disease can be slowed down. Medicines can relieve symptoms and exercise can improve performance.
Indispensable: stop smoking
There is no cure for COPD. Further destruction of the lungs can only be slowed down by stopping smoking. It is therefore worthwhile to stop smoking at any stage of the disease.
Medicines relieve symptoms
Drugs that widen the airways can relieve the discomfort and shortness of breath during physical exertion. Usually the drug is inhaled once or several times a day. This treatment helps to improve lung function, to greater efficiency and thus to a higher quality of life. At an advanced stage, the inflammation in the bronchi is treated with inhalable cortisone preparations.
Influenza and pneumococcal vaccination
People with COPD should get vaccinations to prevent respiratory infections: once a year against the flu and every five to six years against a common cause of pneumonia - pneumococci.
Oxygen therapy improves quality of life
In the end-stage of the disease, those affected can experience chronic oxygen deficiency. This is compensated for by oxygen therapy, which makes breathing easier and improves the quality of life.
Training increases performance
Patients with COPD are often untrained. You avoid physical exertion because it causes shortness of breath. As a result, less and less stress leads to more and more shortness of breath. This vicious circle can be broken. For example, with pulmonary rehabilitation or by participating in specialized training groups.
- Why is FM radio being censored
- Are the mushrooms unicellular an organism
- A dentist should pull baby teeth
- How can I control my sister's anger
- What is MOR in geophysics
- What is an off-page ASO 1
- How are natural disasters beneficial to us?
- Is it immoral to hate
- What is special about Linkedin
- Why do clowns look sad sometimes?
- Why do most parents fail because of parenthood
- What does the lemon law refer to
- Why did you stop being a chemist?
- Did the Super KV2 actually exist
- How did you overcome creative blocks
- What are some popular Indian egg recipes
- How can I learn ServiceNow
- What are rows and columns in Excel
- Why did SMS become so popular
- Where does the name of Cornwall UK come from
- Waypoints mean VORs in aircraft navigation
- Are you from ny
- Why the need for tensor vectors
- Book hotels for the general public through the Internet